Student Worker: Finance & Business Development Assistant at ALGIECEL
Want to spend your time making a difference to the benefit of our planet? Do you have an innovative-oriented mindset? ALGIECEL is developing biosolutions for decarbonizing the feed, food and cosmetics industries by applying microalgae to solve one of the most pressing issues of our time – how to utilize and turn the greenhouse gas CO2 into useful products. This will lessen the stress on the world’s ecosystems. The time for change is now and this is your chance to become part of our team!
ALGIECEL is expanding our core team and looking for a motivated, driven and dedicated assistant with a strong analytical and organizational mindset for the Finance & Business Development team. The Assistant position as student worker position will support with finance & business development related tasks including planning, managing and administrating national Danish and EU funding projects as well as other daily tasks.
ALGIECEL is a new although well-established start-up that is focusing on the development of novel natural carbon utilization technologies. The ambition is to develop highly efficient, container-based and modular carbon utilization plants applying photosynthesis that can convert CO2 into high value end-products. In essence we are recircling carbon emitted to produce sustainable products (Carbon-to-X). The CO2 is turned into climate friendly sustainable algae-based products that can be applied in e.g. feed, food or skincare products. Our systems are intended to be located near CO2 emittors e.g., next to biogas or fermentation plants. Focus is about to change from only technology development to also include business development and that is why we need you!
You will be part of a vibrant, diverse, and extremely relevant organization, you will join a fast-paced team dedicated to making change for the better and you will have the opportunity to commercialize a new disruptive technology needed to make the transition to green circular production methods. You are expected to be able to have many balls in play, to be excelling in a fast-paced environment, to have a gene for self-management while collaborating with partners across the EU.
- 12-15 weekly hours with the possibility to increase
- At least 1 day a weak located at Algiecel ́s pilot plant facilities at the DanishTechnological institute, otherwise flexible work schedule
- Support the Business Development Manager in planning, managing and administrating various public funding project
- Setting up & maintaining of project budgets & activity plans
- Participate in public grant & financial reporting workstreams
- Maintain activity logs and continuously evaluate the results of our efforts
- Ensure things are going according to plan and engage across the entire organization, with partner organizations & consultants to maintain an overview
- Assist with the public funding strategy
- Ad-hoc tasks for the CFO and Head of Legal
- Participation in relevant workshops and webinars
- Close collaboration with the R&D and commercial team
The successful candidate has:
- Currently studying in the final year of a Bachelor, or first year of a Master program (finance, economics, business administration, business development,
- accounting, etc.)
- A positive attitude and is self-propelled
- Structure and analytical acumen and know the right balance between driving progress and evaluating the progress
- Very good organizational mindset and skills in project management
- Preferably some experience with budgeting, bookkeeping & project administration
- Good Excel & Power Point skills
- Excellent English skills
Start date: 1st November 2023.
Place of work: Remote & Teknologisk Institut, Gregersensvej 7, 2630 Taastrup.
Contact information: Jesper Svarer, CFO | Algiecel, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 42 21 99 00.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.