Backend Developer or Systems Developer at Danish National Genome Center
Do you love to code, develop and integrate new solutions for the development of personalized medicine in Denmark, using the latest technologies in the area of health and medicine?
Do you love to code, develop and integrate new solutions for the development of personalized medicine in Denmark, using the latest technologies in the area of health and medicine. At the Danish National Genome Center we are establishing a world-class national High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure for Precision Medicine– and we are looking for a new Backend Developer and a Systems Developer to work together with an interdisciplinary team of ambitious and extremely engaged colleagues.
About the Danish Nationalt Genome Center
The Danish National Genome Center’s primary task is to establish the foundation for the development of better diagnostics and more targeted treatments using Whole Genome Sequencing. The Center has a national responsibility to develop state of the art infrastructure to enable analysis on big biomedical heterogenous data.
One of the Danish National Genome Center’s main goals is to be at the forefront of new big data solutions in the healthcare domain. The Danish National Genome Center is working with HPC, cloud services, network, servers, storage, applications, users and cross-cutting processes in a Linux software environment.
About the position
We are looking for profiles who have either worked as backend developers and/or systems-/infrastructure devops engineers. The work will focus on programmatic access to resources. Specifically, the tasks will include further development of the existing server-side environment, Web Services and various solutions for searching and monitoring various collections.
Your day to day tasks will be integrated in the Section for Research and International Relations where you will be involved in international projects. You will also become part of the Databases and Integration Section. The successful candidates will be hands-on in aiding our platform and systems teams. The candidates will be developing, implementing and optimizing software systems for genomics data access and analysis. On a day-to-day basis, you are expected to drive the development and deployment of the services in collaboration with different teams, at national and European level and coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders. Some travel will be required
We are looking for individuals who ideally match a large proportion of the following qualifications:
- Experience with IT Backoffice
- Experience with CRM systems
- Working with Linux based systems
- Building REST interfaces.
- Experience creating custom solutions.
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery).
- Experience with Git version control.
- Systems administration geared towards infrastructure
- Experience with containerization
- API synchronization/governance/microservices (glueware)
- Basic reading to advanced coding skills
It would be a plus to have experience with:
- Designing domain-specific solutions.
- Conventional datastores and middleware, e.g., Postgres, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Experience with development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Frameworks for rapid development.
- Our core technology stack, which includes Linux, Python, Gitlab, Docker, Grafana, Nginx, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes
- Terraform or Go line (not currently part of our technology stack)
Our ideal candidate:
- is a flexible team player but also capable of working independently
- has strong ability to execute and has experience with representation in cross-border projects
- is proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken. Basic Danish skills or ambition to learn is a requirement.
- is solution-oriented, pragmatic and a self-starter
- keeps up-to-date with the latest technical advances and enjoys the development process. If you are an open source programmer, we would be interested in looking at your public contributions
- has worked within or with the life science research community
- understands complex problems easily and can come up with simple but persistent solutions.
- Is committed and takes the initiative to reach a goal.
- has good judgement and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Working at the Danish National Genome Center
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with focus on the patient, research, innovation and clinical advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer great flexibility in the position. Our official working language is Danish but a number of employees prefer to communicate in English.
The Danish National Genome Center is an organization under the Danish Ministry of Health and is located at Ørestads Boulevard 5, 2300 København S, together with Statens Serum Institute and the Danish Health Data Authority. The organization is expected to have a core of approx. 100 employees.
Terms of employment
Terms will be based on the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC-overenskomsten). Classification will depend your academic qualifications and experience.
This full-time position is available as soon as possible.
You will refer to Lene Cividanes, Head of Research and International Relations and work in close collaboration with project manager Troels Rasmussen as well as our developers in the Section for Databases and Integrations and the platform team.
For further information about the position, you are welcome to contact Project Manager Troels Rasmussen +45 23 82 62 84.
Application and recruitment process
Click “Apply” to send your job application with curriculum vitae and diploma / exam certificates.
First round of interviews is expected to be held in week 9 and a second round of interviews may be held in week 10.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder