Join us as our new Student Assistant in Downstream Optimization, Kalundborg
Are you passionate about water conservation and energy efficiency? Do you want to be part of a team that develops cutting-edge digital twins for our production processes? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for our Student Assistant position in Downstream Optimization!
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world's leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Welcome to Downstream Optimization in Kalundborg
As a Student Assistant, you will work closely with our operators and chemists on the production floor to create and validate digital models of our processes. You will learn how to:
- Create mass and energy balances of our production line
- Transfer the process maps to our process simulator
- Support in validation of the digital twin
You can expect a steep learning curve and a dynamic and challenging work environment where close teamwork, an open mindset, and willingness to challenge the status quo are highly valued.
Potential relevant experience:
You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Eng. or Biotechnology and you have at least 18 months left of your studies.
Ideally you would have:
- Completed 1 semester of a course in mathematical modelling
- A good understanding of mass and energy balances
- A keen interest in data analysis and model development
- Some experience scripting with python (preferred but not required)
- A strong attention to detail and documentation skills
- A structured approach to problem solving and an ability to grasp complex issues quickly
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
This job will be at our production site in Kalundborg, and the work hours are flexible (8 -15 hrs/wk) to prioritize your exams and assignments as needed.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unluck you passions and apply today.
Senior Data Scientist Jason Price | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. December 2023.