Senior Application Scientist – plant-based personal care ingredients
Are you passionate about developing new, plant-based personal care ingredients and testing these in new formulas? Do you have an in-depth understanding of how emulsifiers work? Can you drive an ambitious sales agenda and deliver specialist expertise at the same time?
You will be responsible for developing concepts within the application area including testing, launching, reporting, and presenting the products to customers. In close cooperation with our sales team, you handle customer projects, develop sales material, and participate in product launches.
You will be part of our highly qualified application team of 5 dedicated colleagues who love to put their specialist knowledge into action every day and invent new standards within the bio-speciality additive area. In our application laboratory, we develop plant-based additives for personal care, food packaging, polymer materials etc. The primary focus in this role, will be on personal care and cosmetics. We will, of course, make sure to guide and support you in the process as well as give you a thorough onboarding and necessary training continuously.
“This is a new and vital role in our application team, and a great opportunity to bring new, plant-based personal care ingredients to the market with the support and expertise they need”, says Laura Juhl, Application Manager.
You will report directly to Laura Juhl, and the position is placed at our headquarter in Juelsminde (DK) where you will experience a flexible workday. Travel is part of the position with an anticipated 15 days of travel per year.
- You develop new personal care ingredients and document their effect in laboratory projects
- You create formulas and prepare application guides for our customers
- You propose/design new laboratory tests and ensure documentation of methodologies
- You will be technical lead for customer projects as well as internal projects
- You participate as our expert in customer projects and provide technical support
- You collaborate across departments and within the team to ensure we meet our goals
- You make sure that all application equipment in the laboratory is up-to-date and well-functioning.
- You monitor the scientific landscape of personal care ingredients and keep yourself up-to-date with relevant trends in the industry
What do you need to apply?
It is key that you have some years of hands-on experience with product or application development in the laboratory and innovative processes, preferably within the personal care and cosmetics industry. You have a scientific background such as engineer or MSc degree within Natural Science or Life Science.
You are a self-starter with a curious mindset and a constant focus on making progress. As you will be working with internal and external stakeholders, you have great interpersonal skills, and communicating at multiple levels is easy for you as well as translating complex data into useful information for the end-user. You have a thorough and analytical way of working and are good at building transparent and trustworthy relationships. Additionally, you are good at critical thinking and therefore able to troubleshoot systematically.
As you will be our expert within the area of personal care and cosmetics, it is vital that you continuously keep yourself up to date on the most recent trends and guidelines on the personal care area to support your arguments and guide colleagues and customers around the world.
As we work within a global scope, excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is required.
What do we offer you?
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job with unique working conditions, including one extra week of holiday (7th week), health insurance, and possibilities for further career development etc.
- A job with profit sharing through an extra pension scheme.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Laura Juhl at tel.: +45 4082 6072.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.