Robot Linux Platform Engineer
Are you curious about technology, a real techie who thrives building platforms that others bring to life?
Mobile Industrial Robots A/S
Are you curious about technology, a real techie who thrives building platforms that others bring to life? Do you enjoy working in an environment where the tech stack is deep, and you need to collaborate with colleagues within many disciplines?
Does this sound motivating - then let’s connect about this position – we can’t wait to hear from you!
You’ll work with robots on wheels - it’s way too cool
At MiR, you take centre stage in an exciting industry with cool products and cool technologies. You’ll help us ensure our leading position in the market of autonomous mobile robots. We are dedicated to find better and safer ways of moving things from A to B, and we invite you to look into cool upcoming projects. If you thrive in an ever-changing environment and have a can-do attitude, you can make a significant impact on how we scale and do it fast.
You’ll dive deep into your field of expertise, and really make it work
You will join a rapid growing team of skilled software engineers, that work out of our headquarter in Odense. The team is responsible for developing the operating system (OS) of our different robots and handle the containerization and coordination of our applications. On top of that, the team also has responsibility over the middleware running in our applications and the services and APIs needed to communicate with the different functionalities of the OS.
We are a diverse team comprised of people from different countries. The mixture of different cultures, competences, and experience creates great learning opportunities, where you can contribute and help set direction for yourself and the team.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop a custom Linux distribution using Yocto Linux and homebrew tools
- Create different installers to deploy the software across all our robots in a secure way
- Containerize and manage containers that allow the robots to run
- Manage and improve the communication stack of the robot: WiFi, Ethernet, 4G, 5G
- Support adding new hardware components to the robot by creating or installing drivers
- Contribute to the creation or maintenance of a middleware layer, including logging, processes lifetimes, etc.
- Work in and help drive a DevOps culture where tooling and automation is in focus, to ensure scaling
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments in cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Participate in architectural discussions in the team
You’ve got what it takes to fit in at the frontier of robotics
At MiR, we come in all shapes and sizes, and we cheer each other on. However, we do expect that you’ll bring the following:
- Experience programming C++, Python and Bash. Other languages are welcome but not required
- Confidence navigating Linux-based operating systems and the Bash terminal
- Experience with git or similar distributed version control system
- Curiosity for technology and a drive to learn new things
- Strong focus on quality, Unit Testing and debugging skills
As a person, you are open-minded and pragmatic with an innate ability to continuously learn and develop your skills.
We’re Mobility Makers, Community Creators and Future Navigators
MiR is moving faster than fast as a company, and our mobile industrial robots already move around all over the world within a wide range of industries. By automating in-house transportation, we set people free to use their unique skills. We think it, build it, and see it live and in motion. We invite you into a truly global society, where we sincerely care for each other, and where you are empowered to take on growing responsibilities and make decisions with impact. You will also get space to explore and play around. This is our way of responding positively to change, to navigate the future and to find even better ways of mobility and collaboration. Come and grow as one of our mobility makers, community creators and future navigators. We are the way to go!
Better get moving - we can’t wait to get in touch
We invite you to apply to this position as quickly as possible. Please note that we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager Kent Hansen, R&D Software Manager, via phone +45 29 39 47 32
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Otilia Mouridsen, Talent Acquisition Specialist via phone +45 20 96 18 65
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder