Are you passionate about conducting impactful research and development that contributes to both industry and society? Join us at DFM – Danish National Metrology Institute, where we are actively seeking a new team member with expertise in photonics.
As part of DFM's Photonics-team, currently comprising 7 researchers, you will delve into diverse areas such as optical spectroscopy measurements applied with e.g. molecular gases, hyperspectral imaging, as well as equipment development and instrumentation, standards, various forms of metrology, and surfacecharacterization. This role’s primary areas of societal contributions are green transition and health in direct collaborations with health-tech and pharmaceutical companies as well as environmental agencies, metrology and research institutes including universities.
- Contribute to ongoing research projects with a diverse range of tasks.
- Design and construct experimental setups, showcasing proficiency from concept to reliable operation.
- Engage in potential activities, including certifiable measurements and standards, automatization tasks, and software development.
- Collaborate closely with universities and companies on national and international research projects.
- Write applications for new research projects and cultivate a robust network within both academic and corporate spheres.
- Involve in DFM’s commercial activities.
- PhD. and hands-on experience in physics, photonics, chemistry, nanoscience/technology, engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of optical measurement techniques
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Interest in research, company-relevant tasks, project applications, and dissemination activities.
- Proficiency in designing and building experimental setups.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Python or equivalent and preferably microcontroller programming experience
- Quality-conscious, solution-oriented, strategic
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and creative at a high technical level
Join us in shaping the future of nano science, technology, and metrology at DFM. Your expertise will be pivotal in advancing our efforts in this exciting and rapidly evolving field. Apply now to be part of our innovative team!
Contact the Head of Photonic Department David Balslev-Harder at email@example.com for more information and applications. The applications are on a rolling basis assessment with the deadline on the 11th of March 2024.
An international and dynamic working environment where there are excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in collaboration with highly qualified and committed colleagues. The work at DFM lies at the crossroads between universities, companies and international research collaborations with other countries' national metrology institutes.
About DFM A/S
DFM is the Danish National Metrology Institute and one of the 7 GTS institutes in Denmark. We possess the highest measurement competence in Denmark within a number of key measurement areas. Global comparability of measurements is ensured through collaboration with national metrology institutes in other countries and transferred to Danish companies via calibrations and reference materials. We work with the development of new measurement technology at a high scientific level, and our researchers are among the best in the world in the areas we focus on. DFM’s services and products are based on research results obtained in collaboration with companies, universities, and national metrology institutes.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder