A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60% by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe FOSS to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS Software Services Division
We are part of the FOSS group, but have 100% focus on delivering software services to food and agro customers around the world. We supply the majority of the TOP100 Food companies in the world with analytical solutions and digital services, but our ambitions reach further. Our vision is “Feeding food value chains with trust, quality and insights”. For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers.
We are scaling our already existing development organization to meet the demands of the new software division
This is why we are looking for an experienced Product Owner to help lead the implementation of new services out of our new hub in Copenhagen. As Product Owner, you will work closely with your Product Management counterpart to define and implement services that allows our customers to optimize and document their food processes.
The Product Owner plays a pivotal role in turning product visions into software in close collaboration with the Product Manager
- Defining and optimizing the development team backlog, leading to short term sprint and PI planning, as well as long term more strategic planning.
- Working with product management to define logical feature development roadmaps from early proof of concept, over MVP to continuous improvements.
- Working on story and feature definitions, defining the input to the development team.
- Representing the development team towards the outside stakeholders, making sure progress is transparent, and relevant input is fed back into the team.
What you bring to the table
The ideal candidate has experience from both software development and product development/management. Most likely this means actual software development experience with front end technologies like Java, Angular/TypseScript and perhaps also a back-end language like C#. Agile/SCRUM experience is a given. On top of that, the ideal candidate has worked with, or in product management and understands how important it is to prioritize development time to focus on how to maximize output in terms of customer value.
Experience with systems that are centered around processes, workflows or quality assurance, perhaps even within the food domain, is a very big plus. Experience with processes where development is taken from concept through MVP to full feature is also a plus.
You speak and write English well enough to have good constructive dialogue with your colleagues around the world, mostly in Denmark and Poland.
You like a workday that changes from technical discussions about software design implications to discussions with product management about feature prioritizations.
You enjoy being the spider in the middle of the web, leveraging your contacts around the organization, to make sure the development team moves on with development on the right backlog items.
You have a can-do attitude – you are proactive and like to manage different tasks across your whole range of skills and across the FOSS Software Services division. Most likely you will take a very active role in our product tribe where most relevant stakeholders around the development sit together.
What we offer
- With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
- Our new division FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen - we anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference. You will be part of creating a working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company
Ready to join us?
Send your application by using the link below. We review applications and conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Global Head of Development, FOSS Software Services, Jacob Hansen on +45 27616961 or JAH@FOSS.DK
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.