Product Manager for remote engine upgrades
Do you want to be part of our next journey for bringing new and exciting automation and digital solutions to our MAN two-stroke engines? Do you want to be a part of a project enabling software upgrades to be remotely delivered to our engines globally?
What am I going to do?
To secure our future growth according to our strategies of decarbonaization and digitalization, we are looking for a product manager who has a good technical understanding and commercial awareness. The products manager will be a part of a cross-functional program enabling automation and control software to remotely delivered to our engines operating on the seven seas.
The program, Asset+, is focusing on bringing new business models and revenue streams to our company by offering our customers to upgrade their engine control software by the click of the mouse on an online customer portal. We already have numerous products and upgrades available to our customers, that enhance the performance of their engines but until now it has required a physical attendance on the engine to execute the upgrade. This will all change with Asset+
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for several products and services in the Asset+ program. You will take active part in the on-going projects of the program, where you will contribute alongside your new colleagues. Your role will be maintaining and managing the products and service in the total life cycle. Furthermore, you will take an active role in developing our product roadmap for new products and service, together with colleagues from R&D and engineering.
The projects and program has a high attention from our management, as it defines new products and services that we will bring to our customers in the coming years.
This and other responsibilities are listed below:
- Full product management responsibility for your portfolio of retrofit products, solutions and services – all related to engine control automation and updates.
- Lead and drive the product roadmap process, and be the leading force in bringing new retrofit products and services to market
- Take an important and active part in the projects of the Asses+ program
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the commercial and technical documentation for your products and services
- Taking the lead in defining the requirement for the inventory release management system, which will define which products can be offered to specific engine types
- Ensuring close corporation with our R&D and Engineering departments
- Being the interface between Sales and Engineering
Travelling may occur in the position.
Who am I?
You have experience working with industrial or marine automation and digitalization, and now wish to take a role where you are to get new products to market while being part of a new and exciting business program. You are used to and thrive in a busy working environment.
You come with a bachelor's, a master's - or an equivalent degree in a relevant field - e.g. marine engineering, mechanical engineering, or automation engineering. Your technical knowledge is at a high level. You are used to communicating with internal and external stakeholders with excellent English skills in speaking and writing.
We imagine that you:
- Have experience with industrial and/or marine automation and preferably also digitalization
- It is an advantage if you have experience with diesel engines and/or knowledge about engine performance and control.
- Have experience in working with technical projects, or even product management experience
- You have a good commercial awareness and a sales-minded attitude
- You are structured and result oriented with focus on quality in your daily work
- You thrive in a busy working environment and know how to handle projects with many stakeholders
How is my new team/area of business?
You will be part of the Product Management department in Retrofit & Upgrade. For this particular position you will furthermore be assigned to our Asset+ program. The Asset+ program is taken up by program manager, project manager and other collegues, which are all sitting together in a dedicated project room. We are a diverse team of skilled and dedicated people, focusing on product management. Your future colleagues are situated in Holeby, Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. We have a professional approach to our work, while having a humorous, casual and positive environment in the team. You will be working at our premises in Copenhagen.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Monday 10th of April 2023. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact the hiring manager, Head of Product Management, Christoffer Dixen by phone on +45 2014 8329. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.