To support our growing ambitions, we are now looking for a talented Optical Engineer to join our Fiber Development team in R&D. If you are passionate about cutting edge fiber technology want to join a team of likeminded developers, this could be an opportunity for you.
This position would be an ideal opportunity for a candidate specialized in one or more of the following fields: Fiber drawing and glass processing, fiber design, fiber characterization, or simply for a person with a strong background in optics and the appetite to engage with the world of advanced optical fiber technology. The ideal candidate may already be working in a R&D role in photonics or a similar industry and has fiber hands-on knowledge.
You will contribute to the research and development of the next generation of photonic crystal fibers including development of improved fabrication methods for advanced fiber structures and process control. The focus is within the field of active fibers for building laser and amplifiers but potentially also for other types of advanced fibers within applications of light generation and transport such as nonlinear- and hollow core fibers.
Working in a multi-disciplinary organization you will interact with both the R&D and production teams and you will use your analytical problem-solving skills to deliver innovative solutions ensuring that we stay at the cutting edge of our industry and are able to help our customers develop the next generation of fiber based optical solutions.
- Contribute to fiber development activities spanning from research and feasibility to maturation and optimization towards production.
- Work with dedicated teams of engineers on interdisciplinary R&D projects comprising optical, electronic and mechanical challenges.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a company core technology comprising optimization of glass-compositions, fiber waveguide design, and fabrication processes.
- Specifically, from a basis in the fiber development team, to work on improving and develop new processes around fabrication of photonic crystal fiber including aspects such as modelling of the fiber drawing process, design and test of new equipment, participating in fiber drawings and characterize the drawn fiber to close the loop and drive the realization of new fiber structures.
- There may be occasional travel to other NKT Photonics offices within Europe.
- Proven, relevant experience working with optical technology, ideally on the development and fabrication of optical fibers.
- A relevant educational qualification (Physics, Natural Sciences or similar) is required, possibly gained within a photonics research environment.
- A Ph.D. degree is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Fluency in the English language (written and spoken) is important.
- Comfortable working in small project teams; able to communicate at all levels.
- Data driven and well-developed analytical abilities; able to question complex information, challenge assumptions, and work in a structured manner to identify root-cause and effects.
- Deliver inspiring solutions whilst displaying an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Dedicated to communicating your understanding of a problem and to engage in a team-based effort to move forward.
- Passionate about what you do.
If this sounds like the place you would like to work, open the “Ansøg” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and relevant certificates.
We will interview candidates on an ongoing basis and look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Martin Maack at email@example.com or tel. +45 4348 3937.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.