Intern Sustainable Manufacturing
Would you like to define the baseline and start up activities towards making our Group Components the most sustainable supplier in Grundfos, fall 2023 internship.
This is your chance to work with some of the sharpest minds as you do an internship or 9/10th semester project focusing on developing the roadmap for Group Component Operations in becoming the must sustainable Grundfos supplier by 2025 and their contribution to Grundfos Climate target (Scope 1 +2 reduction of 50% and 25% in scope 3 by 2030). You become part of the Environmental department. Here, we are 7 colleagues responsible for Energy Optimization, Legal compliance, recycling, and data reporting in the Danish production. As a part of our team, we guarantee a steep learning curve, and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you – and hear about your ideas.
What is the job about?
We believe that everyone in Grundfos has passion and potential – as well as the power to influence. This is the environment where you will do your internship/semester project. We imagine that you will work with defining current state in the entire Group component Operations value chain and define and implement actions to reduce the footprint of Group Component Operations, this in corporation with the Group Components organization.
More specifically, you will:
- Collect data with Group Components and Grundfos Group Functions
- Define the Science Based Target baseline
- Define measuring system for keeping track of progress
- Defining the end-to-end supply chain
- Define actions for reducing our footprint within scope 3
- Do benchmarking on similar industry
- Implement actions
- Train production management teams and the Environmental department in the above
We expect the internship will start in august 2023 and ends in December 2023, with the possibility to continue with master thesis. You will be working for 30-37 hours per week at our office in Bjerringbro, but we are of course ready to schedule your working hours around exams and schoolwork. There is a possibility of working from home on agreed days.
What do you need to apply?
- You are studying at master’s level within e.g., production engineering or Sustainability and possess knowledge within Science Based target, Green Supply chain, understanding of value chains and Value Stream mapping from a sustainability perspective,
- You show initiative and work proactively and independently on new assignments, as this will help you make the most of your time with us.
- You have an international outlook and speak and write English fluently.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. Joining us in your internship, you too can drive this change while improving both your skills and resume. You become part of one big powerful team in an inspiring, learning environment - an opportunity you do not want to miss.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Rikke Hvid Frederiksen, Environmental Manager at +45 29726616.
If this sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 1st of April 2023 by clicking on the link “Apply for this job”. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder