Intern for District Energy
Do you want to leave your mark on the sustainable supply systems of the future? In District Energy we are looking for engineering students specializing in e.g. Energy and Indoor Climate, Utilities or Mechanical Engineering for internship Autumn 2023.
As an intern at COWI, you will be part of the district heating department, where you will be part of the project team within wiring systems. You will become part of a solid professional community within district heating, where you will have the opportunity to try your hand at new challenges. You will therefore have a versatile everyday life with the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills as well as develop your potential when we together shape a sustainable and liveable world.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design of wiring networks in connection with gas conversions
- Preparation of heat impact calculations and possibly pump dimensioning
- Participation in preliminary projects to plan the piping for distributions- and transmission lines
- 2D and 3D modeling in AutoCAD, including processing of LER information
- Participation in inspections and construction site visits
- Hydraulic calculations in Termis, version 8.1
The first step to success in this role is that you are eager to collaborate with the people around you, whether they are colleagues, partners or customers. Developing ties with others is something you do by acting respectfully and delivering on your promises. And you never get set in your ways, but keep exploring new insights and ways to improve.
On top of that, you will:
- Have a great interest in learning new things about district heating systems and piping design projects
- Gain insights into energy production and sustainability
- Have an understanding of e.g. hydraulics, thermodynamics or flow theory
- Take responsibility for own tasks
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 per cent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home. With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play. What we also offer:
- A Buddy that you are introduced to on the 1st day, who ensures that you get a good start in COWI
- An open and informal working environment where you can try to be a consulting engineer
- A varied and educational internship that you can help shape
- A good social cohesion, where knowledge sharing are essential element
- Fruit and canteen arrangement with To-Go dinner
- Monthly Friday bar and various exciting activities in the staff association or one of the many clubs (running, cycling, yoga, gourmet club, etc.)
- Paid internship in accordance with IDA's recommendations
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to Head of Section Kirstine Pape Stensgaard, email id - email@example.com, telephone - 56 40 81 09. Get to know us even better at our website, www.cowi.com, where you can learn more about our projects, our strategy, what we want to achieve and what life is like at COWI.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your document as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
- Cover letter
The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.