Cell Biology, Student
Are you looking for global opportunities in a thriving company? Are you excited to be part of a dynamic, technology-driven department engaged in cutting-edge stem cell research? Are you keen on participating in developing novel therapies for serious chronic diseases like Type 1 Diabetes and Chronic Heart Failure? If so, join us as our new Student Assistant in the Cell Therapy Innovation department in Novo Nordisk and embrace the opportunity to work alongside experienced colleagues. Apply now!
As a Student Assistant, you will join a team to support stem cell projects with protocol optimization and the development of new assays for stem cell characterization.
Your responsibilities are included but are not limited to:
- Culturing and expanding stem cells and running differentiation experiments in suspension culture
- Working with the preparation of cells for transplantation to animal models
- Participating in developing and running different analyses and functional assays to characterize the stem cell cultures
You will work in smaller project-based teams with technicians and scientists to meet common goals, and you will also be collaborating across the entire organization to help progress our projects and facilitate knowledge sharing. At Novo Nordisk, we share a passion for changing patients’ lives, and we are always looking for talented individuals who want to join us in this effort. We offer an exciting job and a positive working environment in a field of research that is developing at a very fast pace.
You are a student who is currently studying Bachelor's or Master's in Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related disciplines with at least 1 year left till graduation.
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Detail-oriented, structured, independent, and self-motivated work attitude
- A flair for electronic data handling and reporting
- A strong drive to take responsibility with flexibility and dedication
- An education or documented experience in working with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays
Preference (nice to have):
- Experience in working with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
We are working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and therefore a flexible and open mind that embraces change with a positive attitude is advantageous. We appreciate good communication and collaboration skills to ensure a high level of knowledge sharing and a good team spirit.
About the department
The department Cell Therapy Innovation is part of Novo Nordisk’s Cell Therapy R&D unit, where we develop novel cell replacement therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases. You will join an international and dedicated research unit of scientists, project leaders, laboratory technicians, and student workers. We have expertise in stem cell biology, analytical development, and bioprocess development, and truly believe that cell therapy therapies will make a difference in the lives of patients. If this awakens your interest, please apply and support us in translating cell therapy products into the clinics.
For further information, please contact Innovation Project Director Charis Segeritz-Walko at +45 30 79 91 69.
3 October 2023. Kindly note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Please refrain from adding a photo to your CV to ensure fair and efficient processing.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.