Blade Integrity Engineer - Power Curve Upgrade Kits
For our Blade Integrity team we are looking for a highly skilled Engineer with strong knowledge of aero elasticity and structural design. As our new Engineer you will be working on the development of Power Curve Upgrade Kits in close collaboration with the Blade Upgrades team in Brande.
The location of work is Aalborg, but the Engineer is required to spend a number of days per week in Brande. The Blade Integrity team is part of the Blade Structural Design Department, which is responsible for the design of new blades, development of core technologies, support to factories and warranty case handling.
What are my responsibilities?
- Acting as our Technical lead including product development, support and warranty case handling
- You will gain technical ownership of products in production and operation
- Ensuring the proper activation of obtained design knowledge in new designs
- Implementation of knowledge from risk assessments, manufacturing and field observations into design, production and field solutions
- Proactively maintain interfaces within Supply Chain Management, Service, Certification and Customers/COE
- Managing projects with internal/external stakeholders and secure good and close communication
- Maintain contact with certification partners and ensure the proper compliance with and information about certification requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a Master’s degree or a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- You have minimum 3 years of professional experience from the wind, aerospace or automotive industry
- You have a deep professional knowhow in the area of Composite Material Engineering
- You have knowledge of certification and sub structure testing
- You have a solid understanding of wind turbine aerodynamics and loads
- Knowledge and experience with composite design and construction, including knowledge of 3D design and analysis tools like ANSYS/NX will be perceived as an advantage
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate your results in a clear and convincing manner
- You have a structured approach to your work and are able to handle simultaneous assignments without losing overview
- You are able to work independently and you can drive your own assignments
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
What should I know about Siemens Wind Power?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.700 employees are employed within wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
If you want to know more about
Siemens Wind Power
The commercial excellence of Aalborg - emphasized by Siemens and Samsung - Why Invest in Aalborg (engelsk tale)
Apply for the job in English via the apply-button at the top of the page. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Eric S. Knudsen, via phone +45 3067 8165.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email cannot be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder