Manager, Electrical Engineering Management
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come.
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for a manager to lead our team of highly qualified Electrical Engineering Managers. Our goal is to continue to drive excellence in engineering project management, allowing our team to design and deliver offshore wind farms around the world in close cooperation with our clients. We are a global team with engineering managers located in Denmark, Poland and Spain, delivering state-of-the-art technology and complex electrical systems to our projects around the world.
The Offshore Electrical Systems Engineering teams play the key role in relation to the electrical package all the way from project acquisition to final hand over to our customers. We work in cross-disciplinary international project teams, and we have a wide-spread interface to customers, suppliers, sites and colleagues around the world.
What are my responsibilities
As manager (team lead) for our Electrical Engineering Managers, you will be leading a team of project engineering managers within offshore wind turbine projects. You will ensure that we have the competences and capacity required for best-in-class execution of our expanding international project portfolio.
Your own project management and engineering skills will also be utilized as part of the job.
More specifically, your assignments include:
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineering Managers, and ensure continuous development of the individuals and the team
- Develop the competences and capacity required to execute the project portfolio
- Drive continuous development, knowledge sharing and improvement of processes, methods and documentation required to ensure efficient and best-practice based project management
- Paving the way for efficient interactions between our teams and other organizational units
- Contribute to the improvement of project measures, steering tools, and methods
- Participate in developing a further expansion of our global footprint
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a B.Sc.EE or M.Sc.EE (electrical power systems) or similar combined with 5+ years of relevant experience from engineering projects, preferably within wind turbines, grid, substation, power plant, consultancy or similar businesses.
- You ideally have experience as a people manager and/or project manager and you are familiar with complex projects in a dynamic and global environment
- You have a great drive and a strong personality anchored around empathy and a desire to work with people. Your management style naturally enables you to motivate your surroundings and establish sustainable cooperative relations in an organization
- You have a positive attitude, and you are committed, flexible and diplomatic, enabling you to work with colleagues from multiple cultures in a large international organization.
- And most of all, you love the fun and challenges by leading the great people building the largest wind farms in the world.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
To become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Carsten Christiansen via phone +45 30 37 69 51
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder