DTU Tenure Track Researcher or Senior Researcher in renewable energy value chains and local industrial development - DTU Wind
In the Section for Society, Market and Policy (SMP) at DTU Wind and Energy Systems, we are now seeking candidates to join our research section as researcher or senior researcher. If you want to strengthen your developing career path in the intersection between economic geography, development studies, innovation studies or regional studies, and would like to contribute to our interdisciplinary endeavor of supporting the green transition of society, then we offer a vibrant and inspiring research community for you to fulfill your ambitions.
We are currently working on several projects with focus on the localization of renewable energy value chains through the involvement and upgrading of domestic firms and industries in terms of competitiveness and capabilities. We are therefore seeking support on related research topics, including:
- Green industrial policies, including local content requirements
- Employment generation and local business development
- Foreign direct investments and knowledge spillover
- Global value chains and production networks of renewable energy
- Social acceptance of renewable energy and energy justice
- Sustainability transitions in the Global South and other world regions
- New industrial path creation and regional development
Your work will involve community, firm and industry-level analyses of local industrial development in relation to the transition to renewable energy, including empirical research in European countries and various developing economies. The research will be based on qualitative research methods.
The researcher position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
Responsibilities and qualifications
Specific tasks in relation to the position will include the following:
- Conduct excellent research in one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Publication of articles in international high-level journals
- Participate in and lead collaborative research projects
- Research-based teaching
- Building/further developing a strong research profile within one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Attracting external funding
- Supervision of PhD and Master projects
- Participate in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector consultancy
Our working language is English. However, you will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
We are seeking candidates with a strong interest in and/or knowledge about the renewable energy sector and with experience in conducting empirical fieldwork based on qualitative research methods.
Candidates for the researcher position must hold a PhD degree in the social sciences, specifically economic geography, development studies, innovation studies or regional studies, and have completed postdoctoral research in a related topical area. Candidates for the senior researcher position must hold a PhD degree in the social sciences, specifically economic geography, development studies, innovation studies or regional studies as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a researcher position or assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
The qualifications of the candidates are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Strong expertise and a track record in one or more of the research topics listed above
- Demonstrated ability for high-level scientific publication
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and oral presentation
- Emerging international collaboration network of research peers
- Ability to motivate colleagues, peers, and students to collaborate and create an interdisciplinary and open atmosphere to achieve ambitious goals
- Open-minded team player, motivated to contribute to a common mission
The candidates will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience and impact
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Lena Kitzing, +45 24 65 90 64, email@example.com
You can read more about DTU Wind Energy at www.vindenergi.dtu.dk/english
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 22 October 2023 (23:59 Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- Please ensure to merge all materials into one document before submission
You may apply prior to obtaining your PhD degree but cannot begin before having received it.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder