Rethink your impact
Are you passionate about wastewater technology? Then you might be our new wastewater engineer for Novozymes wastewater treatment plant.
Work for a cause, not just a company
Novozymes is the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms. Together with our customers, partners, and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. Our biological solutions enable higher agricultural yields, healthy food consumption, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel, and many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from – both today and in years to come. We need people who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge, and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. We know that original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Wastewater Engineer
We are starting up a very large expansion project that will redefine not only our wastewater treatment processes but also the way we work. We are expanding our staff of engineers and technicians and we are looking for a new wastewater engineer for the team of highly qualified colleagues. Join us, be part of the development and operation of one of the largest wastewater treatment facilities in Scandinavia.
You will be part of the team of 5 engineers and 5 technicians.
Welcome to our department - Environmental Operation
Environmental Operation handle wastewater and production biomass from both Novozymes and Novo Nordisk. We are part of Novozymes production organization covering the regional flow of all materials from raw material inventories through fermentation, recovery and granulation. Environmental Operation operates a biological wastewater treatment plant of 2,4 mill PE. It includes anaerobic pretreatment and gas utilization, biological carbon and nitrogen removal and final polish before discharge to Kalundborg Municipality. The treatment capacity needs to be expanded by 50% to 3,6 mill PE by 2025. The expansion involves several new technologies including anammox, membrane bioreactors, new gas upgrade technology and tertiary treatment before discharge. Novozymes recently updated the company strategy and included more ambitious sustainability goals. Environmental Operation will play an important role in meeting the goals. We need to re-think the way we treat wastewater and production biomass to cut CO2 emission.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Having the process responsibility including daily supervision and optimization to meet KPI targets for quality/economy and regulatory requirements
- Being part of the execution of very large expansion projects in the coming years
- Identifying and driving optimization and technology projects to further improve our production processes and secure future capacity
- Taking part in developing and implementing long-term strategies for the department
- Reaching out to internal and external partners to support them, working with them and get inspiration to make sure we remain a center of excellency for environmental technology in Novozymes
Potentially relevant experience:
- Relevant experience within the environmental tech sector e.g., wastewater or biogas. This could be from large wastewater treatment companies, consultants, or tech suppliers for wastewater treatment
- A relevant educational background as B.Sc. or M.Sc. (potentially combined with a Ph.D.), within environmental technology or related field (e.g., biology, chemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, etc.)
Relevant personal qualifications:
- Be a team-player who contributes proactively and understands the importance of successful collaborations
- Be a quick learner and able to communicate complex problems to colleagues and stakeholders with different insights into environmental technology and processes
This job will be located at our production site in Kalundborg.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 13/04 2023.
Contact details: Manager Linda Ellitsgaard, +45 3077 0114
At Novozymes we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants. We recommend you not to attach a cover letter to your application. Instead, please include a few sentences in your resume/CV about why you are applying. To ensure a fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your resume/CV.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want to learn more?
Did you know that every year our products help cut global CO2 emissions by around 90 million tons? Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Not the right fit for you?
Even if this job isn't the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting. If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage them to apply. Thank you for your referral! Please check out our other open positions. The right fit for you could just be a few clicks away.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder