Tools Development Specialist
If you wish to grow your career and develop great skills with the world’s most renowned company while creating a sustainable future?
If you wish to grow your career and develop great skills with the world’s most renowned company while creating a sustainable future? If you can imagine yourself contributing to large projects in the wind industry! Then, come join us to support Vestas’ overall mission for green energy transition!
Vestas has a great opportunity to upskill your career in the renewable energy industry. The Off-shore TCM department is in search of an experienced and motivated Tools Development Specialist to deliver top-quality components.
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Off-shore TCM
VPS is the business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained, and tested. VPS operates on a global scale with more than 3,600 employees. Offshore TCM (Transport, Construction & Maintenance) is part of Aerodynamic & Mechanical department in Vestas Power Solutions. The Offshore TCM group is responsible for developing solutions (tools and support documents) for the transport, installation, and service of Vestas components worldwide (ex: lifting and transport tools). We are involved in new offshore turbine tools development where you will report to the Sub-Module Owner Off-shore TCM team.
Your main responsibility is to define, plan and coordinate technical project activities ensuring the execution of products within the timeline, including the following:
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge within the tooling domain
- Select concepts for transport, construction and maintenance tooling and set the requirements for the solutions required
- Supervise design solutions and necessary documentation from external suppliers
- Participate in field testing to validate new tools, whilst in close collaboration with the Technicians
We see an ideal candidate possessing the following qualifications and experience:
- A relevant university degree in engineering with 5+ years of experience in Structural or Mechanical Design
- A proven record of tooling solution development (Drawings, BOM, User Manuals)
- Good understanding of ECM (Engineering Change Management) and its impacts across the value chain
- Understanding of DFMEA and Design Risk Assessment
- Experience with navigating in a complex global matrix organization
- Experience with the energy sector is desirable
On a personal level, we envision that you have the following competencies:
- Personal accountability to deliver on commitments
- Highly capable of capturing engineering requirements
- Good commercial awareness to maintain a focus on cost, and quality whilst handling risk
- A great communicator with the ability to make your point come across
- An open mindset and a team-oriented person
What we offer
We offer an exciting workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a global wind turbine manufacturer.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity. We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Your primary work location will be our office in Vestas' headquarter in Aarhus, Denmark.
Travelling to various sites inside Denmark and outside will be part of the role - approximately 20 -30 days a year.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 7th of June 2023.
We are devoted to building a diverse and inclusive team. If you are excited about the role and don't meet all the competencies/qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder