Are you motivated by integrating innovation, sustainability impact, and business? Would you like a leading role to integrate and verify sustainability value in our innovations? If yes, we can then offer you a challenging, yet exciting position, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape and develop your job in a truly international company – engaged in solving the world’s challenges in water environments.
DHI is a leading, global, digital advisory company that integrates deep domain knowledge with advanced digital technology to enable new ways to use, manage and live with water and to protect water-related ecosystems. Founded in 1964, DHI is built on 60 years of dedicated research and real-world experience in global water industries.
We are on an exciting journey to drastically increase our positive impact of the blue planet through our cutting-edge technology, strong knowledge of water and global network of partners. Our ambition is to leverage the sustainability impact that our services have on the environment, by developing solutions that help face sustainability challenges, ensuring our work integrates sustainability criteria, and striving to verify the actual impacts of our work with clients and partners.
Responsibilities and tasks
You’ll be part of our Innovation Lab team that has a dedicated focus on facilitating commercialisation of research and innovations across all of DHI’s global business lines. Ensuring user desirability, technical feasibility and business viability of our innovations forms a major part of our activities, and we are now looking to strengthen this with your strong sustainability skills. You will lead the work of matching challenges and opportunities within sustainability with DHI’s current and future capabilities and translate our current sustainability activities into relevant market-driven initiatives that add documented impact value for our clients and partners.
As Sustainability Business Partner, you’ll work closely together with our global business units to ensure a sustainability perspective is integrated. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drive business development opportunities within sustainability
- Participate in shaping the strategic direction of DHI's sustainability agenda and ambitions
- Work towards developing and implementing impact verification approaches for our advisory and digital solutions, aligned with corporate level sustainability guidelines
- Acting as sparring partner on advisory proposals and projects where a professional sustainability advice is needed
- Identify and disseminate market opportunities and trends to our global business units
- Suggest and lead early client dialogues around sustainability challenges
- Educate and train DHI staff in sustainability trends (e.g. regulations, frameworks) and terms
- Take active part in strategic initiatives, e.g around development of innovative solutions addressing challenges within marine biodiversity, nature-based solutions, blue carbon
- Support our ‘sustainability working committee’ with work around sustainability reporting, development and roll-out of company-wide initiatives to engage all our colleagues in sustainability
Qualifications and personal skills
- Master’s degree within sustainability. Master’s degrees such as business development, engineering or natural sciences are also valuable, in connection with proven knowledge and experience regarding sustainability.
- Strong familiarity with the broad sustainability landscape in terms of topics (particularly environmental dimension), and action areas (regulations, goals, initiatives and standards, analytical tools, and methodologies)
- Familiarity and ability to delve into sustainability assessment methodologies (e.g. LCA) and associated indicators.
- Ability to interface with quantitative approaches and technical systems which characterize DHI’s core businesses, to understand opportunities for connection with sustainability tools, objectives, and impacts
- Experience with collaboration across a complex organisation
- An eye for trends and upcoming opportunities/challenges within the sustainability agenda
- A curious and innovative mindset and ability to match sustainability opportunities with business needs
- Ability to create alliances and engage relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, positive, self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong networking skills and interests, in particular, within sustainability networks
- We are on a transformational journey which means that you need to be comfortable with change, ambiguity and with fast shifting priorities, workloads, and responsibilities.
You will be part of an innovative organisation that constantly seeks to be at the forefront when it comes to advisory and tools to analyse water flows and development. DHI holds some of the most skilled engineers and scientists within our area of expertise. We will offer you:
- A leading role in securing sustainability impacts across DHI
- A unique opportunity to influence our innovation and sustainability agenda
- A people-first company with great respect and recognition for you and your work
- Being part of a purpose-driven organization and making a positive impact on the environment
- An attractive and informal international working environment with innovative and dedicated colleagues
- Close interaction with our global business units
- A great opportunity to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise
You will be based in our Head Office in Hørsholm, Denmark. Our headquarters is located about 25 km north of Copenhagen. With the bus stop conveniently located right outside our front door, commuting to our office in Hørsholm from Copenhagen is easy. Whether you are arriving from Nørreport station in just 35 minutes or Amagerbro station in a quick 45 minutes, you will find the commute to be efficient.
DHI is owned by the DHI foundation and employs more than 1,200 highly qualified people working from offices in more than 30 countries worldwide. At DHI, you will be part of diverse and highly skilled teams all working together to solve some of the world’s most difficult water challenges. We believe that by making a difference for our clients, we make a difference for our planet.
Sustainability is a central part of DHI’s DNA and purpose. DHI has made a positive contribution to the sustainable development by enabling access to safe water, safe treatment of wastewater and protection from climate impact in cities, by protecting water basins and groundwater from water scarcity and pollution, by ensuring sustainable development of offshore renewable energy and maritime transportation, and by facilitating focus on environment and biodiversity in the oceans.
How to apply
- Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website: http://www.dhigroup.com/careers
- Deadline for application is 15 March 2024.
- For further information please contact VP, Innovation Lab, Rasmus Eskerod Borgstrøm, +45 4516 9486, RLB@DHIGROUP.COM
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.