Student Intern - Roads for COWI in Lyngby, Denmark
You will be part of the road section and a team where personal and professional development are important keywords
Do you want to work on exciting interdisciplinary infrastructure projects with a focus on road construction? Do you have an interest in how to coordinate professionally complex road projects? Are you curious about how infrastructure and sustainability as well as mobility interact? And are you good at forming good collaborations both internally and externally?
Create Solutions that will enable a better tomorrow
You will be part of the road section and a team where personal and professional development are important keywords. Open and useful feedback is highly valued, and the department's management is encouraging and committed to the individual's development. The team consists of younger as well as experienced specialists, all of whom contribute with professional pride and to a good social culture. In this position, you will join our roads section as part of a greater transportation division supporting the municipalities and state organisations in major transportation infrastructure projects. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of design schematics
- Quality assurance on designs prepared by others
- Undertaking construction supervision in the role of a design representative
- Project coordination with clients and other stakeholders
- Performing ad-hoc tasks
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
Your skills. Our team. Together we design the future.
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best. Furthermore:
- You must be in the 5th or 6th semester of your study and want to be part of a team that also enjoys socializing together.
- You are interested in gaining design experience and using your theoretical knowledge in practice, including learning more about what a project everyday is really like for an engineer.
- We expect you to have an interest in developing your knowledge within 3D design and application of OpenRoads and Microstation, which are our primary design tools.
- You will have a great opportunity to try out other disciplines as well, including undertaking site inspections with supervisors in the field to observe how the design is implemented on site, and project managers with the more administrative functions such as setting resourcing, schedule planning and contract review.
For the period during your internship, you will be employed full time for 37 hours per week. As a flexible organisation, we do allow staff to work from home and remotely as it suits. However, given you will be learning and working with others for the first time, we encourage you to be in the office as much as possible to make the most out of your internship.
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 per cent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability. We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home. With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to Richard Ward, Head of Section, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.