Senior Virtualisation Engineer
Imagine a future where you work in the world’s most innovative energy production enterprise and maintain and develop our server and virtualisat
Imagine a future where you work in the world’s most innovative energy production enterprise and maintain and develop our server and virtualisation platforms
Join us in this role where you’ll be working on one of the biggest VMware vSAN platforms in the Nordics.
Welcome to the Production Infrastructure Product Line
You’ll be part of the Infrastructure Products team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining our server and virtualisation platforms. We work in an agile setup based on the SAFe framework, which gives you a great opportunity to influence how we use agile methods in our team of people from Malaysia, Poland, the US, and Denmark. The team’s main responsibilities are very varied and cover many of the central infrastructure areas that make our systems run. We primarily use Cisco network, HPE + Cisco Servers, and VMware in our infrastructure. As a team, we foster an inclusive culture and look forward to supporting your development in this exciting role.
You’ll play an important role in:
- projects where you’re part of the team that helps build infrastructure on new sites across the globe, aligning tasks and sharing status on progress, and providing updates to our backlog
- providing collaboration and support to infrastructure architects and database, network, and storage administrators in describing and documenting the server and the virtualisation platforms
- developing, optimising, and maintaining our company’s Global High Performance Enterprise server and virtualisation infrastructure, and implementing new server environments and hybrid cloud environments
- selecting appropriate hardware components and completing the procurement process for new environments and in relation to capacity expansions and lifecycle management activities
- automating tasks using PowerShell, PowerCLI, vRO, or vRA.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a VMware Certified Professional VCP certification or equivalent experience and possess solid and practical knowledge about operating VMware vSphere, incl. products, such as vROPS and vSAN
- have general knowledge of supporting infrastructure technologies, like network, AD, VDI, databases, and HPE and Cisco UCS server environments
- have good team building and communication skills that will be a great addition to our enthusiastic team
- enjoy working in a structured way, and are dedicated to delivering quality solutions, cooperating in both a physical and a virtual collaboration model with colleagues in Malaysia, Poland, the US, and Denmark.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 May 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Boegedal Joergensen, Head of Infrastructure Engineering CC, on (Denmark +45) 99557749, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder