No waiting, no hassle, no drivers. Most people in Copenhagen take for granted that the next Metro will arrive in a few minutes. But you know that it requires great engineering skills to keep a system like the Copenhagen Metro looking simple and intuitive to the public.
If you also happen to be a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you could be the new colleague we are looking for to contribute to our work in strengthening public transport in the capital region.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the Engineering Design Team, whose main task is the design review and coordination of our metro and light rail projects. You will contribute to maintaining an effective collaboration among the different disciplines in the unit as well as in the interface with the other units in Metroselskabet’s matrix organization.
Our ongoing metro and light rail projects as well as those under development require the preparation and review of design throughout all phases. Your role will entail collaborating with our contractors and/or consultants to ensure the deliverables comply with the relevant requirements, codes and standards and incorporate “Safety in Design”.
During the construction phase, you will support the supervision team in resolving technical issues and agreeing solutions to ensure compliance, site progress and quality.
The Engineering unit is a key participant in Copenhagen Metro Innovation Program which entails the study and eventual implementation of technologies, methods and materials to reduce the carbon footprint of our projects and contribute to a more sustainable future. You will be part of a team evaluating the relevant possibilities with due focus on the associated benefits, risks and implementation framework.
Finally, Metroselskabet has an extensive portfolio of reinvestment projects in the existing metro network, where the Engineering unit participates as a key contributor of technical input and assessment.
Field of Responsibility
- Review of concept and reference designs for upcoming projects, including contract & specifications.
- Review of detailed design and execution documents (method statements, materials, test procedures, shop drawings)
- Review of O&M and As Built documentation
- Assessment of factory/site acceptance test records
- Support the implementation of innovation and sustainability in future projects
- Support the Contractors in providing “Safety in Design”
- Coordinate between multiple disciplines (Transportation Systems, Operations, Certification, Architectural, Structural and Supervision).
- Expedite an effective design interface between Contractors
- You are cooperative and a good communicator.
- You’re structured, pragmatic, and solution-oriented.
- You are able to work independently.
- You can find the correct balance between the best technical/theoretical design solutions and the practical on site applicability, with focus on the project’s contractual requirements.
- You have a focus on safety and you are fascinated by innovation and sustainability in construction and operation.
- You are proactive and willing to contribute to implementing digital solutions across the company’s projects relevant to your field of responsibility.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years’ experience at senior level
- Experience working with metro/railway infrastructure
- Knowledge of European and Danish standards and regulations
- Experience with the design of a range of mechanical systems and subsystem configuration
- Familiarity with working in a digital/BIM environment is an advantage.
The Copenhagen Metro offers a challenging job in a professionally strong and vibrant environment.
We are responsible for some of the largest construction and civil engineering projects in Denmark, and we are passionate about transforming and improving public transport, in order to develop a modern and more sustainable city.
We offer a position with great opportunities to contribute and gain influence. We offer salary based on qualifications, attractive and flexible terms of employment, a good working climate and good colleagues. For further information on the job contact team manager Georgios Kafantaris email@example.com, +45 7242 4551.
Please send your application latest October 3rd, 2023.
Please send us your application as quick as possible, as we are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and will end the recruitment when the right candidate has been found.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder