Research Engineer for engine process development
Performance & Emission department Do you want to affect engine technology development and be a part of the green transition within the global fleet of ships that move 90% of the world’s cargo? If so, please continue reading!
MAN Energy Solutions
At MAN Energy Solutions Copenhagen, we are developing propulsion engines and solutions for the global merchant vessel fleet. We design, develop, test, and service these engines. Test activities are carried out at our research facility in Copenhagen and abroad on engines at our licensee's test beds in South Korea, Japan, and China or onboard vessels worldwide. MAN Energy Solutions’ strategy is to Move big Things to Zero and contribute to a carbon-neutral economy in sectors that matter most. Be a future maker as our new Research Engineer to be a part of the decarbonization of the maritime industry.
As our new Research Engineer, you will play an important role in developing our engines
You will work with:
- Leading engine technologies, including our low-carbon dual fuel engines enabling the carbon neutral transition
- Carry out various engine process investigations with the use of own developed simulation tools
- Plan, participate, analyze and following up on proto-type testing abroad
- Specify engine design based on analysis and test results
- Develop and maintain simulation models and tools
- Support and correspondence with both internal and external business partners
- Participating in cross-functional development projects
A typical work week will include analysis of simulation results and test measurements with the purpose of optimizing and specifying the engine process.
You will participate in planning and execution of proto-type testing abroad and have the exciting opportunity to verify and evaluate how our engines are performing onside on test bed. You can expect around 60 traveling days pr. year to the far east.
You will work close together with other departments and engineering fields and have the opportunity to influence your own specialist field.
We imagine that you
Are dedicated and have relevant skills:
- Are M.Sc. or equivalent education specialized within energy technology, combustion engines, thermodynamics or fluid mechanics
- Have experience with programming in C++, Python or MATLAB
- Possess analytical skills as well as good communication and collaboration skills
- Possess good English skills in writing and speaking
Welcome to our Performance & Emission department
The Performance & Emission department is a part of our R&D department and is responsible for optimization of our engine portfolio within the fields of engine process optimization, turbocharging, fuel injection, combustion, emission reduction technologies and emission certification. The position will include work with both new engine design and optimization of existing design based on theoretical investigations, simulations and prototype testing. The test activities takes place mainly at our licensees in Southeast Asia and will require some travel activity.
“Collaboration and teamwork is keys in our department. We work closely together to solve complex problems and share knowledge to ensure that we are all growing and developing as a team” - Zeljko Stojakovic, Senior R&D specialist.
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you a chance to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you’re just starting out, taking your first career step after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce, with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives, drives innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities clubs from yoga and fishing clubs to creative clubs.
We prioritize work life balance with possibilities for flexible working hours, home office, and mental well-being for example health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. In MAN Energy Solutions you have opportunities for growth, development and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe.
- We work on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities.
Build your own future:
Send your application to us no later than Sunday, 28th of May 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager Anders Jark Jørgensen by phone on +45 24985864. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com
We encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder