Are you driven by developing innovative offshore windfarm construction solutions? Do you have experience in managing offshore engineering, operations, and equipment development? And do you thrive in securing a sustainable future based on renewable energy? Then you might be the Project Engineer for Secondary Steel Installation and Commissioning we are looking for.
Cadeler is a global partner in the offshore wind industry, specializing in wind farm construction and maintenance. We are part of an industry that is now, more than ever, both relevant and in high demand. As our industry continues to grow, so do we! We are now looking for a Project Engineer to help in the development and management of temporary equipment and secondary steel commissioning for monopiles.
What will you do?
As our new Project Engineer, you will lead and manage the development of the commissioning methodology as well as the development of temporary equipment such as a Monopile Cover and Navigation lights. This covers building and maintaining strong relationships with subcontractors and ensuring the safety and efficiency of offshore construction operations during foundation projects.
Your main tasks include:
- Support offshore temporary equipment projects - from design and engineering to manufacturing and testing - ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop foundation commissioning methods and manage the execution by developing sound technical solutions.
- Manage and hold a strong interface with other parts of the secondary Steel Package such as Installation of components, lifting mission equipment and overall program.
- Having a high focus on safe operations while maintaining a pragmatic approach, find robust and time efficient solutions.
- Engage in risk assessments related to installation and commissioning operations and develop mitigation strategies.
- Support the construction vessel readiness, including design of sea fastening or sailing methodology.
- Provide technical guidance and interface to subcontractors, including 3rd party vessel owners, and internal teams, resolving technical challenges.
- Monitor equipment delivery, performance, and deviations from project objectives.
- Identify opportunities for improvements, optimizations, cost savings, and innovation in equipment design and development as well as commissioning.
To succeed in this role
Being part of the Cadeler community means you will have a natural interest and care for the environment and our shared mission to speed up the green energy transition. Your environmental commitment and the safety of our people and the planet will be a key priority in your daily work.
A safety-centric approach should be at the core of your work. The role also requires a lot of cross-functional collaboration and communication which should be supported by excellent interpersonnal skills and organizational capabilities. Pragmatic problem-solving and decision-making with a detailed oriented approach are the key to succeed in the role.
We think you will be a good match if you have some of the following competencies:
- Academic degree in Mechanical engineering, Structural engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience in offshore foundation construction operations, including development of installation methods and temporary structure/equipment design.
- Experience in offshore project execution such as vessels mobilizations or offshore commissioning.
- Direct experience in monopile secondary steel installation and commissioning is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of safety regulations, industry standards, and commissioning processes.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Come work with us!
By becoming a Cadeler employee, you will be part of a rapidly growing company with a diverse and energetic team. We offer an exciting position working alongside a dedicated team focused on delivering excellence in the face of exciting new challenges, a positive and rewarding work environment in an international company with great development possibilities.
We are 27 nationalities in the Copenhagen office, which is positioned in a bright and spacious environment offering a great view of Copenhagen. Cadeler is headquartered in Copenhagen, but we also have offices in Vejle and Taipei as well as colleagues working offshore aboard our fleet of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) installation vessels.
Meet some of our colleagues here: https://www.cadeler.com/en/careers/meet-our-people/
Use the APPLY button to apply for this position. For GDPR reasons, applications are only accepted via the link and are assessed continuously until we find the right candidate, so please don’t hesitate to send in your application as soon as possible and no later than 22. December 2023.
Any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Project Engineering, Quentin Meissonnier, (+45) 5273 1281, and for practical matters please contact email@example.com.
About Cadeler A/S
Cadeler A/S is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over thirty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Vestas, Vattenfall and Ørsted.
Cadeler A/S is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to take on more complex scopes within the process of offshore wind farm development. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialized personnel from both technical, project execution and administrative perspectives.
More information can be found on our website: https://www.cadeler.com
CADELER is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment — it is the foundation of what we do. We are focused on equality and believe that our diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin are all characteristics, that make us different and contribute to a more inspiring work environment. We invite all candidates to apply for our open positions and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At CADELER, we aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination and promote equal opportunities for employment.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.