Production technologist or design engineer for engine design
Are you interested in helping MAN Energy Solutions “Move big things to zero”?
MAN Energy Solutions
Are you interested in helping MAN Energy Solutions “Move big things to zero”? This means we make ships greener by designing the best performing engines and we have the ambitious goal to move the global fleet towards zero emissions. Do you want to work in an exciting international company and navigate in a multicultural work environment every day? Can you handle a high degree of freedom and want to become the preferred expert in your field? Then apply for this position in our group for Piping and control equipment!
You will play an important role:
From a climate perspective, shipping is a very effective way of transporting goods over long distances. However, in a time of climate change and global warming, we need to think in new ways to develop the new technologies that are reducing or eliminating the carbon footprint of seaborne transport. Your main task will be to help bring ideas from concept to finished design and follow it into service.
We are expanding the group for piping and control equipment, where you as our new colleague will develop, design and maintain key piping systems for existing and the future ship engines.
- Develop, design, and optimize piping systems and existing components.
- Handle technical correspondence with our licensees. (engine builders)
- Coordinate designs and ideas between departments and costumers.
- Be working with technology that require high reliability within mechanic, hydraulic and pneumatic fields.
- Help to bring ideas from concept, to finished design and follow it into service.
- Discuss, develop and review ideas and designs together with your colleagues
You will over time become the responsible designer for specific areas and be the “go to” person for your nearest colleagues and customers. When experienced you are expected to participate in retrofit projects, where you as an expert in your area, will help rebuild the existing fleet into higher efficiency with greener fuel types.
We imagine that you:
- Have an interest in mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Are communicative and like to defend your own area of responsibility.
- Are curious and want to continuously develop and improve components.
- Are good at cooperating and accomplish your goals.
- Thrive in working with 3D-modeling and technical communication.
- Can handle technical ownership and have the “stamina” to follow through, to make it right.
- Possess what it takes to become a partner for discussion, both for our customers internally as well as externally.
- Have curiosity and can thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment.
- Have good English language skills oral and written .
- Work independently as well as in teams.
If you have an interest in developing 3D-modeling techniques and enjoy working with process improvements it will be an advantage.
If you have a craftsman background it will also be an advantage
Welcome to the department for piping and control equipment.
In the piping and control equipment group, you will be part of a team that consists of 12 people with various backgrounds and educations. Engineers, production technologists and technical designers.
We are currently hard at work with developing and designing systems for our new fuel types and emission technologies. But we are also working on maintaining the older engine designs incl. P&IDs, machining drawings and part lists.
The design work takes place in cross-functional teams with a wide range of competences, as well as in smaller teams within the department. We have our own test facilities in Copenhagen, but are also collaborating with our partners in East Asia and with ships in service. Our engines are produced in Japan, South Korea and China. Therefore, a few weeks of traveling to these countries may be expected.
“In the group for piping and control equipment, we are passionate, ambitious and love what we do. We design components to make our engines more efficient, with less environmental footprint. In cooperation with other departments, and our customers, we take concepts and ideas and turn them into commercial design, ready for production. We strive to deliver top products, the best customer support through collaboration and efficient work processes.”
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you an opportunity to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you are just starting out, taking your first career steps after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce with a mix of gender, nationalities and perspectives will drive innovation, creativity and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities from yoga and fishing to creative clubs.
We prioritize work-life balance with the possibility for flexible working hours, home office and mental well-being including health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe
- We work from the motto "Future in The Making" because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities
Build your own future
Send your application to us no later than Thursday the 15th of June 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager, Morten Gebel by e-mail email@example.com. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
We encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder