Do you see yourself as a great communicator, who can solve any problem with your drive and positive attitude? Do you have knowledge with planning & overhauls of 2 & 4 Stroke Engines? Then continue reading. MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a Technical Engineer for the LTSA Technical Department.
What am I going to do?
When engines under LTSA require planned and/or unplanned maintenance, the Customer’s needs are accommodated by organizing inspections, on-board service, workshop overhauls and/or delivery of spare parts. These services require technical support to the customer for scoping, proposals, planning, execution, quality control and technical reporting.
As Technical Engineer, your responsibilities will be:
- Assist in providing optimum customer service for maintenance and troubleshooting on MAN 2 & 4-stroke engines
- Supporting customer inquiries by e-mail and phone
- Preparing technical reports
- Supporting a worldwide customer organization
- Updating the Customers’ maintenance plans and spare parts lists.
- Assisting the Project teams with spare parts handling and Sales teams with technical assistance in the tendering process.
- Performing quality control of documentation when needed, including commenting and technical proof reading of reports from superintendents who have performed the service onboard.
- Giving suggestions for improvements, optimization and development.
- Cooperating and coordinating with local MAN Energy Solutions’ offices around the world.
- Contributing to a high professional integrity in the team.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments as needed to help cover gaps in the LTSA Technical Department.
Who am I?
The ideal candidate is a great communicator, a problem solver and is highly organized. The ability to be personable and tenacious is also a key factor to being successful in the position.
We imagine that:
- You work structured and result oriented and are able to comply with quality standards.
- You can identify and understand customer needs and requirements.
- You have the ability to guide the project and the team members in the right direction.
- You are capable of identifying risks and actively manage the identified challenges.
Our new colleague is a true team player, who creates great teamwork. You work structured and result oriented and you can convincingly communicate complex issues to others. You thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency and prioritization, while still managing attention to details. You can convincingly communicate complex issues to others. Last but not least you are able to cooperate across organizational and cultural boundaries in a global organization.
- Higher education as Marine Engineer or Similar.
- You have hands-on knowledge to 2 & 4 Stroke engines and their working principles.
- Knowledge to dual fuel is an advantage.
- Preferred experience with ERP systems (knowledge to SAP (PM) is an advantage).
- Experience with multicultural customer relations.
- You speak and write English fluently and have worked in an international environment.
How is my new team?
The staff in the LTSA Technical Department consists of Technical Advisors, Engineers, Site Managers and Superintendents. These are located in Denmark and abroad.
Digitalization is key for MAN Energy Solutions and each member of the LTSA Technical Department is expected to contribute in further development of online data transfer from vessels in order to analysis and troubleshoot via MAN’s Remote Operating Centre in Copenhagen. A member in your new team describes the culture as “Strong and dynamic with direct effect of LTSA business outcome”.
What is Long Term Service Agreements (LTSA)
The position within LTSA (Long Term Service Agreements) Technical Department is located in our Copenhagen office. LTSA follows long time Maintenance Plans with pre-defined and/or condition based intervals of inspections on engines. Included in the LTSA is also preventive maintenance with associated reconditioning and delivery of spare parts, condition monitoring and access to technical advice.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany; MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
PrimeServ is MAN Energy Solutions’ After Sales Organization, where we sell spares parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers. We want to be the customers preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations to our customers through Long Term Service Agreements.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Thursday the 31th March 2023. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of LTSA Technical Department Jakob Gericke by phone on +45 2112 1978. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder