Intern, Software Engineer - Mobile apps iOS
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are strengthening our capabilities with additional passionate and purpose-driven team players in the Widex App Team.
The role is based at our CO2 neutral headquarters north of Copenhagen. Here you will be working alongside thousands of dynamic and progressive colleagues all working towards the goal of improving the lives of those with hearing loss. You will join a dynamic and progressive team, who are highly skilled, empathic and masters of their craft. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are driven to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
What you will do
The Software Engineer Intern position will give you an excellent platform and opportunity, to deep dive into iOS development, MedTech and hearing aid industry. We offer you an influencing role with lifechanging impact, which are helping millions of people improve the quality of life. You will be part of a cross functional team, designing and building complex applications used by thousands of users around the world. We are constantly adapting to the latest technology trends in iOS software development. As Software Engineer Intern, you are expected to participate as an equal part of the team and actively ensuring that your team reaches its goals and that the apps we create are second to none on the market. Your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis, design and implementation of features in our apps in superb quality, that will make our users happy
- Participate actively in your teams work, and ensure that the team achieve their goals
- Maintain and improve our existing apps
- Implementing Unit Tests to ensure stability of our system
- Estimation of the extent of assignments
- Peer reviews
As a member of our team, you will not only get the opportunity to work with exciting new technologies. We are also scheduling time for innovation at regular intervals. Furthermore, we like spending time with each other, and prioritize regular social events, whenever possible.
What you bring
We expect you to be studying a relevant degree within the area of Computer Science and are now looking to become part of an organization where you can follow the impact of your work and build long-term relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders. As a person, you are motivated by seeing the results of your work as well as engaging with others to create them. You are robust, diligent, curious and impactful. Your approach is self-starting, and you are an excellent team player. You most likely fit the following profile:
- Studying bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant area
- Knowledge and experience in Swift
- Knowledge and experience with UIKit is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with SwiftUI is a plus
- Knowledge about Unit Testing is a plus
- Knowledgeable in best practices, design patterns and architecture on iOS
You most likely have the personal competencies:
- You are passionate about your work and keep up to date with the latest technology and methods within mobile application development
- You take pride in writing SOLID and testable code every day
- You have a strong spirit of innovation and the ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- You have great teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate in a diverse, cross functional and multicultural team
- You are able to adapt to rapid changing Agile/Scrum development process
- You have a positive energy, open-mindedness, and strong proactive attitude
The corporate language is English, and you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Who we are
At WS Audiology, we provide innovative hearing aids and hearing health services. Together with our 12,000 colleagues in 130 countries, we invite you to help unlock human potential by bringing back hearing for millions of people around the world. With us, you will become part of a truly global company where we care for one another, welcome diversity and celebrate our successes.
We can't wait to hear from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.