Head of Electrical System Design & Grid Integration (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you lead an area responsible for the primary electrical system designs for our future large scale energy systems globally
Join us in this role where you’ll be a leader of four department leaders and a specialist team of four senior lead specialists spanning across an area of +80 employees. They’re responsible for delivering efficient, reliable, and compliant end-to-end primary electrical system designs from feasibility and concepts to full verification by means of power system studies in all domains. The employees within the area are located across multiple locations in Denmark, Poland, Germany, the UK, and the US. The area is involved across the business from Early Market and Project Development to Operations as well as R&D and Product Lines.
Welcome to Energy Systems
You’ll be part of our Energy Systems Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will align activities and directions across the Energy Systems functional area. You’ll be leading a unique and business critical inhouse competence center of highly educated power system engineers on all levels who are driven by solving the challenges surrounding the technology advancements for future increased converter-based generation. As a team, we have a strong focus on collaboration and sharing of experience and lessons across the projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing visible leadership and direction for the management team
- ensuring that we further develop capabilities globally to meet the increasing complexity of projects and markets in line with our global growth ambitions
- sharing internal and external best practices across the projects to develop our competitiveness
- coaching people leaders and specialists
- ensuring stakeholder satisfaction across the business
- ensuring assurance of work performed by the department.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a leader who enjoys actively leading and developing a team of highly experienced individuals
- are a good listener, are adept at reading people, and can respond intuitively
- have a master’s degree in engineering and experience with power systems and integration of renewable energy into transmission grids
- have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a large group of cross-functional stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 April 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bjarne H. Hansen, Head of Energy Systems, on (Denmark +45) 99554153 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via the "Apply" link and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.