Data Scientist within Microbiome Bioinfomatics & Machine-learning
Are you passionate about analysis and interpretation of complex datasets using bioinformatics and machine-learning tools? Are you curious about developing innovative solutions for human health?
Are you passionate about analysis and interpretation of complex datasets using bioinformatics and machine-learning tools? Are you curious about developing innovative solutions for human health? And do you want to work for a company that puts sustainability at its core? Then you might just be the Microbiome Data Scientist we are looking for.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes OneHealth is a newly established Strategic Opportunity Area within Novozymes. We are a high-energy, global team with diverse backgrounds, all on a mission to shape the human health food supplement landscape. We focus on probiotic- and enzyme-based solutions for a multitude of different human health conditions. We drive development based on strong scientific hypotheses and identified consumer demand. We are driven by impact, curiosity and fun and we believe in continuous learning, both personally and professionally.
Join us as our new Microbiome Data Scientist / Bioinformatician
Data science is at the heart of our innovation process in OneHealth, striving to bring the most innovative and clinically proven health-promoting solutions to the market. We are a growing team of engineers and bioinformaticians based in Lyngby, Denmark, working closely with multi-functional R&D teams located in Denmark, Germany, Ireland and the US. Together, we apply data-driven approaches in diverse applications, including strain and enzyme product lead-generation, identifying mode of action of our products, and development of personalized microbiome testing and supplements.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of complex datasets associating microbiome data (primarily metagenomics and metabolomics) and clinical data for probiotic lead-generation and development of personalized nutrition solutions
- be involved in the selection and/or development of state-of-the-art bioinformatics and ML/AI tools and interpretation of microbiological data from external and internal sources, from data collection to results presentation
- contribute to defining the roadmap for the best utilization of data with a strong focus on developing scientifically proven products that are of benefit to the consumer/customer
- contribute to peer reviewed scientific publications, scientific communications, and patents
Potentially relevant experience:
- MSc or PhD in gut microbiome/microbiology data analysis or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience working in R/Python and UNIX (from industry or academic work)
- Solid experience on the proposition and use of microbiome bioinformatics pipelines and tools, especially for shotgun metagenomics, as well as microbial genomics
- Ability to interpret microbiome data to provide biological outcomes with knowledge of the microbiome projects worldwide
- Proficiency in statistics or machine learning applied to ecology and microbiome data
- Highly motivated and independent character, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit, and open mindset
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Familiarity with metabolomics and metabolic modelling, RNASeq and metatranscriptomics will be a plus
This job will be located at Lyngby, Denmark
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: February 8th, 2023. Please send your application already today, as we will continuously screen the applicants.
Contact details: For more information please contact the Head of Data Science for OneHealth, Martin Santini (email@example.com or +45 5388 1254)
At Novozymes we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants. We recommend you not to attach a cover letter to your application. Instead, please include a few sentences in your resume/CV about why you are applying. To ensure a fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your resume/CV.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want to learn more?
Did you know that every year our products help cut global CO2 emissions by around 90 million tons? Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Not the right fit for you?
Even if this job isn't the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting. If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage them to apply. Thank you for your referral! Please check out our other open positions. The right fit for you could just be a few clicks away.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder