Associate Professor in co-creation and universal design with focus on promoting and implementing an inclusive mind-set at a technical university – DTU Entrepreneurship and DTU Skylab
DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship and DTU Skylab are opening a position for an Associate Professor, with a deep engagement in education and research, to join the flagship initiative Technology Leaving No One Behind. This initiative supports the development of socially sustainable technology development within innovation and entrepreneurship at the university. The Associate Professor is both proactive and structured, with comprehensive knowledge within the areas of co-creation, facilitation, universal design, and has a passion for education development, development of pedagogical tools and resources, implementation and to support impact measurement of abovementioned resources.
The Associate Professor will be part of the Technology Leaving No One Behind project team with a senior project manager, innovation consultant, and student assistants, and will actively work with a PhD student on the project. This research will focus on method development and implementation of an inclusive mindset at a technical university, and impact measures thereof. In addition, the Associate professor will be part of a supervision team of three professors, together with an Associate professor from DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship and a Professor from DTU Management.
Responsibilities and qualifications
The primary contribution of the Associate Professor role in the Technology Leaving No One Behind project is the continuous development of the integration of universal design and inclusion in educational activities across the university. This should be achieved through continuous development of education material and resources available to our students. This role is instrumental in attracting both funding and student talent to expand our activities in these areas.
The Associate Professor will be responsible for the teaching multiple courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a part of your key responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to meaningful education for the department, both in own courses, but also across study programs at DTU
- Publish impactful work in leading journals and conferences in your field.
- Secure funding for your research area from both Denmark and the European Union.
- Teach, guide, and supervise BSc and MSc student projects, as well as supervise PhD students.
- Contribute to existing courses in the Design & Innovation study program and design and develop a novel course modules for both the BSc and MSc level.
- Develop an infrastructure for a Design Lab in DTU Skylab, with special focus on methods and tools for user research and user involvement.
- Actively participate in the continuous development and growth of the centres educational resources.
We are recruiting a candidate with a strong track record within a broad range of fields related to these areas. We list below several examples.
- Universal design and inclusion in education.
- Co-creation and/or co-design with focus on user involvement.
- Creativity applied in design processes.
- Facilitation in co-creation and innovation processes
- Design methods
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree as well as having academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Furthermore, you will also be assessed against:
- Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of courses both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Strong publication record and impact in relevant journals
- Demonstrated ability to attract funding.
- Experience in collaborating with companies and/or inter-disciplinary research.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. We expect the Associate Professor to start by 1 January 2024.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
For further information, please contact Associate Professor Carina Lomberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 26 September 2023 (23:59 Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- Example grant proposals you have written (unsuccessful examples are fine)
- A list of your 5 selected publications that highlight your field of research (no PDF needed, links or titles are fine)
- 2 references (who we can contact for further details)
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder