Project Manager for wind farm offshore logistics concepts
Would you like to join our Operations organisation and take part in the improvement of our offsjhore wind farm logistics concepts?
Join us as Operations Project Manager for offshore logistics concepts in Technical Development where you will head the development and implementation activities for new offshore logistics concepts optimising across the value chain of spare parts, facilities, offshore logistical concepts, crew deployment, and O&M activities at our offshore wind farms.
Technical Development is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based at one of our Danish offices in either Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia or alternatively at our London office in the United Kingdom on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in Denmark and Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for both the development, maturation, implementation and evaluation of the new offshore logistics concepts
- ensure that the concepts supports hub solutions and enable any future build-outs of potential new wind farms in the same cluster
- ensure that the concepts fits the facilities and service execution solutions as well as service and supply chain strategies
- ensure that all offshore logistics concepts comply with relevant local, European and international codes and standards
- ensure that best practice from our extensive company portfolio is incorporated in the new offshore logistics concepts.
Moreover, you will be responsible for developing concepts needed for optimising the logistics of offshore wind, eg via new vessel types, new transfer solutions, new offshore accommodation solutions, new heavy lifting concepts, new far-shore logistcs concepts.
In addition, you will be responsible for collecting requirements and inputs from our Operations line functions, and specify the detailed design requirements for the above mentioned elements, as well as ensure that concepts enable safe and efficient operation throughout the wind farms’ operational life.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a technical degree, preferably within engineering, and potentially a certification in project management at PMI or ICMA level
- have extensive experience with large-scale multi-disciplinary projects and offshore wind logistics
- have experience with concept development as well as product and service implementation
- have stakeholder management skills, as you will cooperate with stakeholders at many different levels of the organisation
- are able to incorporate safety into all aspects of a logistics design, and preferably have a safety qualification.
Moreover, you are capable of working in a diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities. It is important that you have excellent communication skills and master English at negotiation level. In addition, you have a result-oriented approach to your work and are able to work independently, while at the same time also being able to exude team spirit, enabling you to create excellent results through teamwork.
An exciting job where you will have excellent opportunities to develop your personal and professional competences when you are part of executing some of the largest construction projects within onshore and offshore wind power.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, Please do not hesitate to contact Klaus Baggesen Hilger, Head of Technical Concept Development, on telephone +45 9955 2086 if you want to know more about the position. After 10 July, please contact Håkan Borgström, Senior Manager of Technical Development, on telephone +45 9955 5612.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, a cover letter and any applicable diplomas as electronic files by 24 July 2017.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder