Would you like to help us shape the future of offshore wind energy?
Join us and become Operations Transfer Manager in Transfer Management under Operation Preparation Projects where you’ll be responsible for securing a strong handover of offshore wind assets from Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) to Operations to ensure high yield, low cost and high HSE standards.
Your key tasks will be to
- lead the transfer process of future wind farms and act as Operations’ focal point towards the asset construction project
- manage stakeholders associated with the transfer process and organise Operations’ resources to ensure efficient completion of the transfer process, providing progress reports in the agreed format
- ensure Operations’ requirements are communicated to and implemented by Product Line and EPC
- manage Operations’ acceptance of EPC deliverables, leading reviews where necessary
- work closely with the Transfer Coordinator to ensure all deliverables from EPC are well-planned and tracked to facilitate on-time delivery with minimal incomplete works.
Furthermore, you’ll support lessons learned, driving continuous improvement in transfer processes. You’ll also prepare and present decision materials to senior management, ensuring risks are quantified, resources are allocated, budgets are met, and proposals are supported by solid business justification principles.
Your competences include that you
- are able to and enjoy building working relationships with stakeholders across the organisation
- have work experience from a relevant role developing and justifying project concepts, scope and costs
- have project management-related experience, including resource coordination, cost management, planning, reporting and contract management
- have a self-driven, independent, organised and structured approach to your work, yet you can demonstrate the ability to work without a structure in place when required
- are educated to a degree level.
Furthermore, you have a comprehensive understanding of project management principles and how to apply these; project management qualification will be advantageous. You’re persuasive, have strong stakeholder management skills and have established technical skills/understanding of offshore wind farm assets at system and component levels.
The role is focused on working with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met within projects, while you’ll also manage deviations from requirements. Project management skills such as scheduling and resource management are a key requirement in the role. You’ll also have a good understanding of business case principles as well as operational environments. Part of the role will also require review of project deliverables, hence the need for technical knowledge in the role.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 7 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben Turgoose, Head of Transfer Management, by telephone on +44 77 8 62 82 229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.