Experienced Laboratory chemist for in R&D Instrument development
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet the demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to be part of, then read on.
We are looking for an experienced Laboratory Chemist to strengthen competences in analytical and classical chemistry in our development department, FOSS R&D Programs.
You will be a driver in developing the Laboratory in R&D Programs and strengthen the competencies within analytical chemistry, both scientifically and technically, across FOSS R&D, including validation activities in our development projects.
We develop new integrated analytical instruments for professional laboratories by combining classical chemistry principles with new sophisticated technology from a range of fields, e.g. mechanics, electronics, spectroscopy and chemometrics.
As our experienced Laboratory Chemist, your tasks will be an important and integrated part of FOSS’ current development projects, and cover laboratory activities supporting instruments building, like analytical troubleshoorting, method development, validation test and documentation.
- Drive analytical laboratory development activities in projects and Proof of Principle studies in collaboration with lab technicians, chemists, and project leaders across the organisation (from product concepts to release)
- Develop the laboratory and laboratory standards for documentation
- Demonstrate leadership as laboratory analyst and take scientific and analytical leadership in R&D projects
- Drive chemical technical trouble shooting in R&D projects
- Evaluate findings and lab results together with lab technicians and project leaders
- Assist with chemical support and consultancy in projects by working closely together with hardware developers and engineers in various fileds - mechanical, electronics, software etc.
- Report and communicate findings to the project organisation
Our projects require coordinated team efforts across the organization, so you will get to work with many different teams and colleagues. The job is located at our newly expanded FOSS Innovation Center in Hillerød, Denmark, in brand new R&D facilities with dedicated chemistry and hardware laboratories.
We expect your educational background to be at Master level, MSc in chemistry or Food Science, and to have solid experience within the following fields:
- Analytical chemistry, lab technology, lab instruments and Laboratory operations
- Test planning and writing protocols
- Measuring chain validations with documentation according to relevant standards ISO 9001, ISO 17025 or perhaps cGMP
If you previously have worked with laboratory services in a contract research organisation (CRO) or in a central lab it will be considered an advantage.
To be successful in this role, you take lead and set direction for tasks and you communicate actively findings and progress to other specialists and stakeholders. Team working and ability to build relationships with many stakeholders and cultures are a must - we picture you as a true team player with a good sense of humor. You are able to plan your own time and coordinate project activities and tasks across the teams. This means that you are structured and organized and good at keeping the overview. You can easily handle changes and you thrive with many different types of tasks to get things done.
Since FOSS is a global organization, it is a prerequisite that you are fluent in Danish and English.
We offer a challenging job in an international, innovative and highly successful organization. We are market leaders within our field and very proud of the results we deliver.
Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where work-life balance and flexibility are valued and where you can bring your ideas to the table and make a real difference. At FOSS, we value our employees and believe in cooperation, in straightforward communication and in setting clear objectives to achieve our goals.
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Senior manager, R&D Lab Programs, René Fuhlendorff, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 2761 6996.
We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.