For our LAC (Loads, Aerodynamics and Control) Unit within the Service Technology Engineering department we are looking for new colleagues to work with us in wind-turbine control and operation algorithms. Main mission of LAC control engineers is to ensure proper wind turbine operation and supervision performances (detecting deviations in wind turbine operation algorithms, control and supervision systems, and in the wind turbine control software). This team also will be evaluating, defining and validating solutions to correct and improve the wind turbine on field behaviour.
Control engineers are s in charge of definition and specification of control solutions for both, solving control related field problems and for the implementations of new functionalities as a result of technological developments. As part of these control tasks they are also involved in the testing and validation of the control solutions implemented.
This position has a strong interaction with other departments, mainly with software loads and aerodynamics, but also with teams in the mechanical, electrical or SCADA units. The task requires a a high integration skill, being able to translate high definition requirements into low level control and software requirements and integrate them within current control definition and with other control and non-control related requirements. As a consequence, the profile counts with an overall understanding of main disciplines involved in wind turbine operation, i.e.: loads, aerodynamics, thermal conditioning mechanics, electrics, and others.
Proper achievement of these functions involves good field data analysis, being able to process wind turbine data and analyse it for identification and resolution of onsite problems and validation of control solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Prepare definition, modelling and specification of wind turbine control, operation and supervision strategies.
- Prepare test requirements notes for the validation of the wind turbine control operation and supervision algorithms.
- Perform wind turbine control algorithms validation and tuning through aeroelastic simulation and hardware in the loop means.
- Analyse and perform root cause analysis (in case of deviations) of the wind turbine on field control supervision and operation algorithms and prepare proposals of improvements for solving that deviations.
- Prepare the integration of wind turbine supervisory system into wind turbine control system
- Encourage and cooperate in the creation, managing and assurance of traceability of wind turbine controller models.
- Analyse and collaborate in design of control strategies, focus to the optimization of energy production, wind turbine loads reduction, and availability improvement.
- Cooperate with the team lead in the specification and development of new technical procedures/methodologies or tools needed to improve the team performance and knowledge.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a qualification as Industrial, Telecommunications or Aeronautical engineer, or Physics Degree specialized in Control Systems.
- You have a deep background in control theory.
- You are experienced in dynamic systems modelling and simulations, control algorithms design and modelling as well as signal handling and processing for control.
- You are familiar with main sensors and actuators available for wind turbine control, with a domain of their principles of operation as well as their applications within wind turbine control.
- You have relevant technical experience (around 3-5 years) and solid knowledge in automatic control, ideally related to wind turbine and wind farm control.
- You have experience in field data handling for machine operation analysis, ideally wind turbine data analysis, processing data coming from different sensors for problem identification or for validation purposes.
- You have an overall knowledge of the main wind turbine systems involved in wind turbine and have the skill of integrating their different control requirements for proper wind turbine operation.
- You are able to translate high level control requirements into low level control and software requirements following standards for specifications of design requirements.
- You acquired a generalist knowledge and experience related to wind turbine and wind farm operation.
- You have knowledge in testing a validation in order to check proper behaviour of control developments.
- You have experience with control safety systems for machine operation, ideally related to wind turbine.
- As a person you are proactive, a good team player, persistent and self-driven, with good communication skills
- You have full professional competence in English.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Angel Martin via phone +34 677 944 914.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link
If you want to know more
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.