Wind Farm Commissioning Project Manager for offshore projects
Do you want to be part of the installation of our offshore wind farm projects?
Join us and become Wind Farm Commissioning Project Manager in the Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management department where you’ll be responsible for the overall coordination, management and execution of offshore and onshore high-voltage electrical commissioning activities at our wind farm construction sites.
The Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management department delivers competent managers for the offshore wind farm installation projects. Our managers are responsible for planning and daily coordination in the commissioning phase of new wind farm projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- prepare, plan, coordinate and execute the electrical commissioning of the transmission assets; this will also include system readiness tests and validation of performance
- manage and allocate tasks to electrical engineers, predominantly senior authorised persons (SAPs)
- ensure strong time stakeholder management and agreements to coordinate and secure commissioning activities within HSE, QA/QC, projects and contractors and Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- ensure optimal planning and operation of wind farm capacity during the commissioning period until transfer to O&M
- participate in the development and optimisation of the commissioning of wind farms.
Furthermore, you’ll implement lessons learned vis-à-vis the department and the line EPC organisation.
On site, you’ll be part of a management team of highly skilled managers. Whilst on site, you’ll report directly to the Construction Project Manager.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant technical education, for example a degree in electrical and/or mechanical engineering, e.g. marine engineer (maskinmester) or equivalent
- thrive on working in a project management role and have prior experience of coordinating complex commissioning activities and managing the associated tasks
- ideally, have previously worked as commissioning manager
- possess leadership and management skills for impactful communication with teams and stakeholders, development of your team and influencing project performance
- have a strong personal drive and a robust sense of quality and professionalism.
Moreover, you speak and write English fluently.
You’re expected to have some commissioning project management experience from large-scale projects such as offshore wind farm projects, oil and gas, thermal power generation plants or similar industries. It’s essential that you can demonstrate a track record in leading and motivating teams of highly skilled engineers and/or specialists.
You’re resilient and persistent as well as having a well-developed common sense and the ability to quickly grasp the crux of any given situation. You thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dennis Iversen Dahl, Manager of the Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management department, by telephone on +45 9955 2985 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.