Wind Energy Analyst for offshore wind farm analyses
Do you want to contribute your excellent analytical skills to actively solving the world’s climate challenges?
Join us and become Wind Energy Analyst in Energy Yield Assessment where you’ll be responsible for performing wind data analyses, calculating the energy production of future wind farms and assessing operational wind farm data. You’ll join a department with 14 employees all working within the area of energy yield analysis from early-stage site assessments, over layout and production optimisation to evaluation of running assets.
Your key tasks will be to
- assess wind resources for utility-scale wind farms
- perform wind data analyses
- prepare wind farm layouts
- conduct energy yield analyses together with the associated uncertainty and losses
- contribute to specifying wind measurement campaigns.
Your competences include that you
- are an experienced engineer or modeller with a relevant BSc or MSc and a background in wind energy
- have excellent IT skills and are a competent user of MatLab or another high-level technical computing language
- have knowledge of methods for assessing wind resource and energy yield
- speak and write English fluently, communicating efficiently with your stakeholders and presenting your results to your colleagues professionally
- have excellent analytical skills and are able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner, enabling you to prioritise your tasks.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 4 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Thoft Marcussen, Interim Head of Energy Yield Assessment, by telephone on +45 9955 5989 if you’d like to know more about the position.
As offshore wind is now very much an international industry, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.