Website manager for a fast growing game studio producing a viking/history card game
Do you think our world is missing some exciting and interactive ways in which we can engage in History? Do you have an idea of how we can take the market by storm creating engagement toward history and a history game? To grow our business we are looking for a Graphic Designer and Website manager
About our game
GAMUCATEX is an early-stage startup that is developing a card-based autobattler video game in a historical mythological universe. Inspired by games such as Magic, Civilizations, the Age of Empires and Heroes, our aim is to create an immersive and historically accurate game that inspires people to immerse themselves in history experiencing stories of the Vikings. Although the game is in production, you can check it out at itch.io: https://gamucatex.itch.io/tectonicus The player will be taking charge of a faction - either Viking, Frankish, or Anglo-Saxon - which they will follow through history; experiencing past events according to historical records. Battles on a turn-based board will take place online for multiplayer and can be offline in single-player scenarios. You will lead your forces to your enemy’s lines and holding your morale high, you will dominate the fight! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a visionary and loving small family-like team of talents that value diversity and inclusivity. We believe that making games should be as fun as playing them.
The position can either be onsite, hybrid or remote, part-time or full time. As we are currently seeking funding, the position will be unpaid but can contribute to an internship or a virksomhedspraktik benifits through the Danish Jobcenter. Our offices are located in three locations: Copenhagen at Amager/Nørrebro and Frederiksberg.
The position & Responsibilities:
- You will build a community and awareness of our organization and game, where friendliness and engagement are paramount.
- Develop a stronger online presence with our website (Wix), Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, and eventually on Twitter, Patreon, Steam, Twitch, Discord, and Kickstarter.
- Communicate with the other departments on the team in order to understand and convey what the world should know about the game.
- Engage with our audience and players, attracting their attention.
- Create content that utilizes infographics, pictures, videos, and sound recordings.
- Potential opportunities with live streams and game studio interviews.
- Possibility to plan and execute community events, invitational competitions, and live-streamed competitions.
- The ideal candidate is highly driven and self-motivated, with experience in increasing awareness of a large-scale community.
- Skills, experience or interest to learn one or more of these media platforms: Wix (our site developer), Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Patreon, Steam, Twitch, Discord, and Kickstarter.
- Write engaging stories and communicate with users.
- Ideally, you are able to produce relevant infographics, pictures, videos, and sound recordings, some of which can be provided by the team.
- You can speak Danish.
- Knowledge of general and gaming culture and society.
- Experience with games and game development.
- Experience with blog posts or press releases.
- Ability to analyze and report on user data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Ability to provide meaningful feedback to developers and artists on the community’s sentiments, concerns, and suggestions.
If you are interested in shaping the future of gaming, send us an application. We can have you start as soon as possible!
Planned interview process
Online interviews are expected to take place from May. Starting date: as soon as possible or in the summer cohort/semester. Please note we reply as fast as possible, but not always as fast as big corporations. Be aware that we might end up in your email spam folder when we try to contact you, so keep a keen eye on that. For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +45 25 72 29 69.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.