Wastewater engineer for environmental operation
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about wastewater treatment? Then you might be our new wastewater engineer for our wastewater and biomass treatment facility
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about wastewater treatment? Then you might be our new wastewater engineer for our wastewater and biomass treatment facility.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Wastewater Engineer for Environmental Operation, Kalundborg
We have updated our company strategy and included more ambitious sustainability goals. Environmental Operation will play an important role in meeting the goals. We need to re-think the way we treat wastewater and production biomass to cut CO2 emission and contribute to a greener future.
Welcome to Environmental Operation
In Dept. of Environmental Operation, we operate one of Northern Europe’s largest industrial wastewater treatment facility with a capacity of 2,5 million PE. Main processes include aerobic and anaerobic wastewater treatment, biomass inactivation and dewatering.
New technologies bring new opportunities. Digitalization will chance the way we think about wastewater treatment. Continues improvement of the process is part of our long-term strategy to become more competitive, increase capacity and reduce the environmental impact of our operation. In the coming 5 years, we expect to see large capacity expansion projects.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Being part of a team of engineers and technicians
- Taking process responsibility including daily supervision and optimization to meet KPI targets for quality/economy and regulatory requirements
- Driving process optimization activities including identifying and driving technology projects to further improve our production processes and secure future capacity
- Taking part in developing and implementing long-term strategies for the department
- Reaching out to internal and external partners to support them, work with them and get inspiration to make sure we remain a centre of excellence for environmental technology in Novozymes
To succeed you must:
- Have an educational background as M.Sc. (potentially combined with a Ph.D.), within environmental technology or related field (e.g. biology, chemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, etc.)
- Have +3 years relevant work experience. Could be in research and development, consultancy, wastewater/biogas industry or from another relevant industrial sector.
- Have a high degree of personal drive and the ability to overcome unforeseen barriers and create results
- Be a team-player who contributes proactively and understands the importance of successful collaborations
- Be capable of taking the role as informal leader in daily decision making
- Be a quick learner and able to communicate complex problems to colleagues and stakeholders with different insights into environmental technology and processes
Location: This job will be located at our production site in Kalundborg.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: July 23rd, 2021.
Contact details: Please contact Director Henning Pedersen, tel. +45 30770069 at Environmental Operation, for any questions regarding the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.