An exciting role with the world’s largest and most efficient container vessel owner/operator with a potential to impact the performance of over 700 ships.
You will be part of technical and transformation projects as well as operational initiatives with a variation in complexity and size, all targeting an improvement of the energy efficiency of the Maersk Line operated fleet and a reduction of emissions to air from vessels.
As part of a dynamic and international organization, you will be based in the Fleet Performance team in Copenhagen, and collaborate with Data Insights and Performance Management teams in Mumbai and Singapore.
Together we form an industry-leading optimisation team of navigators, engineers, naval architects and data analysts working across Maersk Line Operations.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge within such areas as:
- Vessel performance and fleet efficiency
- Network design and operations execution
- Data science
- Technical innovation
As a Vessel Performance Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering vessel and fleet performance fact-based technical analysis and recommendations using our in-house vessel performance to improve liner operations.
You will work closely with the head of Fleet Performance and be involved in ideation of new efficiency initiatives that will make an impact at a vessel and fleet level.
In this role, you will deliver a variety of tasks with a long-term horizon, like contributing to the Maersk Line emission reduction strategy as well as the development and adoption of the next generation vessel performance and voyage planning system (Connected Vessel Programme). You will also be involved in a range of complex technical projects with short deadlines such as fleet composition recommendations and performance evaluations of different vessels.
You will support the transformation of the Fleet Performance team working and analysing data in cloud environments, deploying analysis code and visualizing data in a variety of BI solutions, as we move from collecting daily performance noon reports to fully automated data collection in 10 min intervals.
In some projects, because of your domain knowledge, you will take the role as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and collaborate with other operations teams in technical fleet management, network, ops execution and chartering as well as data scientists in the Maersk Technology organization.
In other projects, you will undertake the role as project manager where you will be responsible for the delivery of the project, linking technical specialist in Fleet Performance and business teams in Maersk Line.
Projects are prioritised basis business value and you will get to apply your domain knowledge to estimate the business impact of technical projects and a variety of other operational initiatives.
We are looking for
- A passionate Naval Architect, Marine Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with technical knowledge developed through vessel technical operations, ship design or technical research environments who is interested in working in cross functional teams with a high impact on the bottom line of the largest containership owner and operator.
- Preferably an MSc or PhD degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Some work experience from a reputed organization focusing on vessel performance, ship design and fleet efficiency
- Preferably has experience in liner operations and network design
- Has experience in working with cross functional teams with diversified backgrounds
- Has a keen interest in working in the area of data science and has some experience working with data and basic programming skills with R, Python or equivalent
- Has an international mindset and desire to engage and deal with multiple stakeholders in challenging situations
- Excels in English written and verbal communication as well as delivering technical messages in compelling ways to non-technical stakeholders
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.