Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries. As part of one of our new strategic initiatives, you will help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes' competitive edge and extend the reach of our biological answers.
Venture head, Water SOA, Lyngby (DK)
As part of Novozymes new strategy we are building a new team working on contaminants removal from drinking water and industrial waste water, that poses threats to human health and to the environment in larger concentrations. Unfortunately, drinking water and wastewater in most parts of the world still contains many different contaminants. Existing solutions to remove contaminants are very costly and some are also inefficient. We believe that biological solutions could be a promising low-cost alternative. Based on Novozymes' significant library of enzymes and microorganisms we are well positioned to take on this challenge. As such this activity has the potential to bring meaningful impact to the world by addressing UN's SDG #6 aiming at ensuring cleaner water for people and less pollution in our lakes, rivers and oceans.
We are looking for a Venture Head in our new team who can develop new solutions capable of combing your existing water process engineering know-how with Novozymes biology. In this position you will be part of the leadership team reporting to the Managing Director. You will be based in our Innovation Campus in Lyngby (Copenhagen) and we expect you to be able to travel extensively when required. If you are looking to make a positive impact in the water sector, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a deep understanding of what it takes to introduce new technologies in the water sector - you should apply!
In this position you need to:
- Be an experienced technology developer, have executed technology scale-ups, have a proven track record and understand what it takes to introduce new technology in the water sector
- Have hands-on experience with operating a wastewater or drinking water plants and be experienced in troubleshooting plants/new technologies
- Have extensive working experience (5 - 10 years) from the drinking water and or the wastewater sector preferably with a global outlook
- Have broad understanding of competing water process technologies and understand the underlaying business models that allows you to be successful in implementing a new technology
- Hold M.Sc. in Environmental engineering/process engineering and/or biotechnology coupled with a strong business sense. As such you come with a process technology background which enables you to combine water process technology with biology.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and can drive cross functional teams toward impact. You are self-driven with strong execution mind-set with an entrepreneurial go getter attitude. You have excellent project management skills and can establish specific action plans, milestones and ensure follow-through. You have strong ability to prioritize, manage, and delegate numerous tasks simultaneously. You are capable of managing multiple projects concurrently
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let's realize your potential together.
For more information please contact Mona Persson on +45 222 43244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline November 9th 2019. As we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, please send your application online as soon as possible. Please attach a copy of your diploma(s) when you apply for the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.