A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60% by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe FOSS to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS Software Services Division
We are part of the FOSS group, but have 100% focus on delivering software services to food and agro customers around the world. We supply the majority of the TOP100 Food companies in the world with analytical solutions and digital services, but our ambitions reach further. Our vision is “Feeding food value chains with trust, quality and insights”. For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers. Making our food analysis services available to as many users as possible is crucial. This means that they must be easy to understand and use, not only for a trained chemometrician, but also for a small microbrewer or farmer.
Are you an experienced user interface “all-rounder”?
Based at our Copenhagen Hub (or alternatively at our Innovation Center in Hillerød), we need you to be our new UI cornerstone and help us realize our vision of making advanced food analysis services available for a wide array of different users. You will play a pivotal role in defining a user interface that makes it super easy, efficient and fun to use our cloud-based food analytics services. Leveraging your broad experience within user interfaces design, you will:
- Design the user journeys for our new application areas in close collaboration with the product managers.
- Design user interfaces that implements the defined user journeys, from information architecture, wireframes, prototypes to detailed UI’s in some case all the way down to the designs of icons, colors and on-screen effects like transitions and animations.
- Work closely with the development teams to help them translate UI designs into code.
- Plan and execute usability tests of developed features.
- Work with the UX/UI designers in FOSS Instruments to align with, and influence, general FOSS UX/UI principles.
The ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-all candidate within user experience and user interface design
- You have a background as interaction designer or similar, with preferably 4 or more years of relevant experience from a similar position.
- You have experience with how to build great web-based user interfaces on different platforms (PC, Tablet, Smartphone) that let the end user complete the tasks at hand in the most efficient way, and at the same time, is a joy to use.
- You have experience working with AdobeXD or similar programs.
- You know how to work with and maintain design systems and make your design scalable.
- You know how to run your design methods, getting user insights to design sprints, double diamonds, agile working ways...and how to work with development teams, turning your great designs into great experiences.
- Ideally, you even have experience with how to use effects like animations and transitions to optimize a user interface for ease-of-use and delight, and if you also have experience with design of web graphics, that is a plus.
- You speak and write English well enough to have good constructive dialogue with your colleagues around the world, mostly in Denmark and Poland.
People describe you as a team player who knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team
You have a can-do attitude – you are pro-active and like to manage different tasks across your whole range of skills. You are service minded, and ready to play the role as our UX/UI go-to person.
Why you belong here
- With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
- Our new division FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen.
- We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference.
- You will be part of creating a startup working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company.
Ready to join FSS?
Send your application by using the "Ansøg" button. We review applications and conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Hansen, Head of Development at email@example.com or on +45 2761 6961.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.