Do you have a solid 5-10 years’ experience with UX design for physical electronic devices? Are you motivated by two days never being the same, working with different disciplines towards seemingly impossible goals to reach the product intent? Do you thrive in a serious, trustful, yet relaxed environment where there is plenty of room for that funny remark that makes the day?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
Here at Jabra (GN Audio A/S), we invite you to join the UX team within the R&D department, where you will take part in concepting and designing our next generation of audio and video devices. UX, in our context, is about understanding the core user needs and bridging those needs to the rest of R&D, turning UX insights into tangible requirements and designs.
If the job was easy - it would not be for you, right? So, we have a few challenges lined up:
- Mediocre design just won’t make the cut which means high demand on creativity and quality of design and solutions. This means we need to focus, and you bring both documented experience and a large range of Design Thinking tools and methods.
- But facilitation and thinking is not enough - it’s also doing! You will crank out the best UI for devices, balanced towards demands from other disciplines in the team: business, mechanics, software, design, hardware, comfort and quality.
- For headsets, a comfortable fit is crucial. If you have knowledge or experience in the field of comfort design of such, it is a clear advantage.
- Hands-on experience with the later stages of the R&D product creation lifecycle (industrialization and after-market) is also a plus, as this is a crucial foundation for designing doable concepts.
- You need excellent networking skills to talk to stakeholders to understand and balance their requirements.
As a person, you are actively seeking feedback, easy-going and curious. As part of a team, you collaborate around plans and targets, yet being able to deliver independently. You realize that product making is a big machine with many viewpoints and stakeholders, and you maneuver through these with a conscious choice of methods and by distinguishing personal taste from professional opinions. You easily keep an overview of the big picture, as well as the finer details, understanding why they are important and how everything ties together. Lastly, you can explain your reasoning, listen to challenges, and take decisions.
What’s in it for you?
- Joyful days with a fantastic team who have a good humor and a sharing spirit.
- The opportunity to learn how consumer electronic products are defined, designed, and manufactured by a C25 company’s R&D department.
- A work environment where there’s always room, and a need, for improving the ways we work.
Every individual in our team has an "edge" where they lift the whole team professionally. In your application, please let us know what your edge is (i.e. what is your T-shape?).
You have 5-10 years’ experience in UX/UI, and/or comfort design for consumer electronics, or other small devices without displays. Experience with digital UI/web/app is welcomed, but not very relevant for this job.
Would you like to apply, or know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link as soon as you can, and no later than Nov 28th 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis and we may remove the job ad when we have enough good applicants. Please write a motivated application letter and attach a CV detailing relevant experiences. We do not consider unmotivated applications.
If you would like to learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Nikolaj Nøhr-Rasmussen (Director, User Experience) on +45 2224 8455.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.