Jabra headsets are famous for their fit and comfort, and this is a core reason for our continuous success. To strengthen this position even more, we are looking for an expert in the field of Anthropometry to join our existing team of UX Comfort Designers for our headsets.
If you have solid experience or recent, deep education within the field of comfort and anthropometry in, on, over, and around the ears, and on the head, we would like to hear from you.
Here at Jabra (GN Audio A/S), you will join a concepting team in R&D UX, where we can guarantee that two days will never be the same; working towards tough, almost impossible goals, whilst having fun with dedicated colleagues.
If the job was easy - it would not be for you, right? So, we have a few challenges lined up that may interest you:
- Working with a parametric model for modelling the ears based on our large database of scans.
- Working with numerical simulation models combined with user tests.
- Deeper studies of cushions, materials, clamping forces and headbands.
- Studies of comfort and occlusion effects over time.
- Innovating new, patentable solutions within ear-gels, ear-wings, headbands, cushions, ratchets, and fit concepts for headsets.
We are in a highly competitive market where mediocre design just won’t make the cut. This means there is a high demand on creativity and quality of design and solutions, whilst maintaining a high work speed. - But the job is not just thinking and drawing - it’s also acting and doing! You will be responsible for cranking out the best comfort for devices, in balance with demands from other disciplines in the team: business, mechanics, software, industrial design, hardware, UI and quality.
It’s also an advantage to have had hands-on experience with the later stages of the R&D product creation lifecycle (industrialization and after-market), as this is a crucial foundation for designing doable concepts.
Using your excellent networking skills, you will balance the input and requirements from a range of stakeholders.
As a person, you actively seek feedback, but also think for yourself. You have a motivation to dig deep into a narrow topic. You are easy-going and curious. As part of a team, you collaborate around plans and targets, yet you are able to work and deliver independently. You realize that product making is a big machine with many viewpoints and stakeholders, and you maneuver through these by being data driven.
What’s in it for you?
- Joyful days with a fantastic team who have a good humor and a sharing spirit.
- Possibility of being an industry expert - playing in the Champions League.
- The opportunity to learn how consumer electronic products are defined, designed, and manufactured by a C25 company’s R&D department.
- A work environment where there’s always room, and a need, for improving the ways we work.
Every individual in our team has an "edge" where they lift the whole team professionally. In your application, please let us know what your edge is (i.e. what is your T-shape?). You have 5-10 years’ experience within a similar domain, and/or relevant education at a Master Degree level.
Would you like to apply, or know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link as soon as you can, and no later than Nov 28th, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis and we may remove the job ad when we have enough good applicants. Please write a motivated application letter and attach a CV detailing relevant experiences. We do not consider unmotivated applications.
If you would like to learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Nikolaj Nøhr-Rasmussen (Director, User Experience) on +45 2224 8455.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.