User Experience Designer for Software Development, Professional Users
Would you like to play a part in developing software that makes audiologists able to help people with hearing loss in the best possible way? Would you like to work in an agile organization known for developing high-tech products? If yes, this might be the job for you.
At Widex, we combine the latest technology and knowledge with a natural curiosity in order to find the best possible solutions for individual hearing losses. Our innovative solutions have led to significant progress, such as the world’s first 100% digital in-the-ear hearing aids, and our revolutionary wireless technology.
What we do in the Professional Users Software Team
We develop user-friendly and technically challenging software that meets the needs of professionals in the audiological domain all over the world. Audiologists use our software to adjust the fitting in the hearing aids to meet the customer’s individual needs. Our software is highly complex with a large palette of tools and functionalities. The design decisions we implement today must be the best, as they will serve our customers for years to come. We use a scrum-based development method, and work in a cross-functional team with developers, audiologists, testers and graphical designers. The development team is distributed among multiple locations, and all our written documentation is in English.
We are looking for an experienced UX designer responsible for designing, specifying, testing and supporting the implementation of solutions that provide a meaningful and satisfying user experience. You should be happy to work with durable solutions and long-term development cycles. Moreover, we are looking for a UX Designer who takes pride in making functional, useful software, and who thrives in a dynamic and agile development team.
- Participate in concept development and identification of design problems with a user-centered approach
- Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes and interfaces that lead to intuitive user experience with software
- Facilitate user tests to ensure that our products are user-friendly and meet the needs of our users
- Manage design from idea to execution by cooperating closely with developers, testers and audiologists throughout the development process
- Design and deliver for the entire development cycle: concept, design, specification, implementation and test
- Participate in weekly design meetings where you discuss designs and ideas to ensure high quality, user-friendliness, and consistency in our products
- Participate in constantly improving the UX processes
A relevant background as a UX designer
Expertise in UX prototyping tools, such as Adobe XD, Proto.io or similar
Basic understanding of code, and the ability to “speak the developer’s language”
A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
A solid understanding of design-to-development documentation
Good cooperative skills, as you will work in an international, multidisciplinary team
Fluency in spoken and written English
A burning desire to create functional, intuitive and user-friendly software that provides real value for users
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Senior Manager in Software Audiology and User Experience, Kirsten Eiche Dehn, on telephone +44 35 59 00Call: +44 35 59 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so please submit your resume and an application as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder