For our Blade Unit within Service Engineering we are looking for a dynamic Unit Manager. The Blade Unit is generally new and faces a unique challenge of building competences in order to meet the demands of having the design responsibility for several products in the combined fleet. The Blade Unit has approximately 30 skilled technical experts within the field of wind turbine blades, including; composite materials and surface systems, in-situ process and repair solution design and lightning protection.
What are my responsibilities?
- Full line responsibility of all employees in the department and reports to the Head of Service Engineering
- HR processes and administrative issues (performance management process, budgets, training, development, and other local Human Resource requirements)
- Strategic target setting and development plans for employees and department
- Change management and continuous improvements to improve office performance
- Capability management and succession planning. (Knowledge management)
- Stakeholder management and interaction with internal and external suppliers
- Resource assignments to projects and platforms
- Technical authority for all unit specific processes (procedures, instructions etc.) needed to execute engineering activities world wide
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are an experienced manager with a technical background
- You have a technical Engineering degree, M.Sc. with 6+ years of professional experience
- You have a strategic outlook, an analytical mind-set and are able to generate and execute specific strategic tasks and actions
- You have working experience in a technical engineering organization doing product development/product support, preferably wind energy or aerospace
- You have a successful track record with people management, management of managers and leadership strengthened by formal course learning
- You have living and/or working experience in an intercultural environment
- You are outgoing, determined and persistent with strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are motivated by making things happen and at the same time shaping the strategy and direction of the future
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Martin Leong via phone +45 30678288
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder