Ultrasound Research Engineer - Transducer Design
We are seeking an Ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems
We are seeking an Ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems for mobile phones and other portable devices. You will be joining a team of highly dedicated and focused development engineers with proven high experience and competence levels within their fields. They are searching for you to join their technology and market disrupting journey. They need you to take part in a unique, creative and boundary pushing mission. Your ideas and background knowledge will be pushed to the limit within this team and you will experience that the company’s core values Brave, Smart, United, and Open are living within the team.
As an Ultrasound Research Engineer, you will contribute to our research and development efforts on novel ultrasonic fingerprint sensing. You will be a key person in investigating different ultrasonic sensing implementations and assess their performance both on a theoretical level as well as an experimental level. You will take part in the design, modeling, characterization, fabrication, and validation of core technologies used in next-generation ultrasound-based fingerprint sensors. You are also expected to spend time on investigating the current state-of-the-art through patent analysis and to participate in further development of Fingerprints IP portfolio to secure the long-term competitiveness of the company.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand and evaluate different types of ultrasonic transducers in terms of acoustic performance and manufacturability.
- Take an active role in the design and modelling of novel ultrasonic systems for fingerprint sensing.
- Contribute to the development of new transducer fabrication processes and to address the manufacturability problems.
- Participate in the development of new characterization setups to evaluate the performance of the designed ultrasonic systems.
- Read and analyze patents and other relevant publications in the field.
- Take an active role in setting up and running our ultrasonic lab.
- Develop and perform Finite Element Simulations to predict physical behavior of transducers as well as wave propagation patterns.
This role is interdisciplinary and you will work in a cross-functional team during development of new sensors. The work location is either in Copenhagen or in Gothenburg.
International travel to Fingerprints suppliers, partners, and customers may occur.
This role requires a Master of Science in Engineering, such as in electronics, physics, acoustics, or similar. A doctoral degree or a research background in ultrasound, acoustics, or similar fields is an advantage. A flair and a passion for setting up accurate lab verification experiments and critically evaluating measurements against predictions is an important skill. Previous industrial experience is also an advantage. With the right profile, less experienced candidates will be considered as well.
You are expected to have an in-depth knowledge of acoustic materials (e.g. piezoelectric materials), ultrasound wave propagation, and ultrasonic transducers. You have worked and preferably been involved in the development of ultrasonic sensors and systems. Your experience may come from working with piezo ceramics/composites, MEMS based transducers such as PMUTs and CMUTs or similar acoustic systems.
Success in this role requires:
- Strong theoretical background in ultrasound.
- Previous experience in measurement and characterization of ultrasonic transducers (piezoelectric, PMUT, or CMUT).
- Previous experience in designing and evaluating ultrasonic systems.
- Good knowledge of modeling and simulation of piezo based or MEMS based ultrasonic transducers.
- Analytical mindset and ability to quickly learn new areas and understand new technologies.
- Interest and an aptitude for working with everything from technical details to broader system engineering.
You need to be fluent in spoken and written English and not opposed to traveling abroad.
You also have essential qualities such as being ambitious, motivated and flexible. You need to be comfortable working in a growing company, where you will be expected to assume considerable personal responsibility for your own activities and the company’s success. This also requires you to be a team player who contributes to an open and positive atmosphere in the workplace.
We would like to have your application and CV as soon as possible, but not later than June 30th, 2017. Your application will be handled by our Recruitment Consultant Martin Karlsson email@example.com. Please note that we can't handle any applications via mail. Please apply by register your application via the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder