Ultrasound Research Engineer - Image Reconstruction
We are seeking an Ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems
We are seeking an Ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems for mobile phones and other portable devices. You will be joining a team of highly dedicated and focused development engineers with proven high experience and competence levels within their fields. They are searching for you to join their technology and market disrupting journey. They need you to take part in a unique, creative and boundary pushing mission. Your ideas and background knowledge will be pushed to the limit within this team and you will experience that the company’s core values Brave, Smart, United, and Open are living within the team.
As an Ultrasound Research Engineer, you will contribute to our research and development efforts on novel ultrasonic fingerprint sensing. You will be a key person in investigating different ultrasonic sensing implementations and assess their performance both on theoretical level as well as experimental level. You will take part in the design, modeling, characterization, fabrication, and validation of core technologies used in next-generation ultrasound-based fingerprint sensors. You are also expected to spend time on investigating the current state-of-the-art through patent analysis and to participate in further development of Fingerprints IP portfolio to secure the long-term competitiveness of the company.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand and evaluate different image reconstruction techniques suitable for fingerprint sensing application.
- Take an active role in the development of new simulation tools for analyzing specific image reconstruction methods.
- Validate the simulation results against data collected through experiments.
- Contribute to the design and the evaluation of new generation of ultrasonic fingerprint systems through providing novel image reconstruction techniques suitable for running on smart phone platforms.
- Read and analyze patents and other relevant publications in the field.
- Take an active role in setting up and running our ultrasonic lab.
This role is interdisciplinary and you will work in a cross-functional team during development of new sensors. The work location is either in Copenhagen or in Gothenburg.
International travel to Fingerprints suppliers, partners, and customers may occur.
This role requires a Master of Science in Engineering, such as in electronics, physics, acoustics, or similar. You may have been working with radar technology, seismology, medical ultrasound, or NDT applications. A doctoral degree or a research background in ultrasound imaging or similar fields is a big plus. Previous industrial experience is also an advantage. With the right profile, less experienced candidates will be considered as well.
Success in this role requires:
- Profound knowledge in performing image reconstruction from acoustic signals.
- Experience in implementing and a significant knowledge within one or preferably more image reconstruction disciplines.
- Strong experience in analyzing information carried in acoustic signals.
- Profound understanding of the relation between image quality, reconstruction techniques, and transducer configurations.
- Experience in signal processing and filtering.
- Skills in data compression and efficient algorithm implementation for target optimized processing would be an advantage.
You need to be fluent in spoken and written English and not opposed to traveling abroad.
You also have essential qualities such as being ambitious, motivated and flexible. You need to be comfortable working in a growing company, where you will be expected to assume considerable personal responsibility for your own activities and the company’s success. This also requires you to be a team player who contributes to an open and positive atmosphere in the workplace.
We would like to have your application and CV as soon as possible, but not later than June 30th, 2017 Your application will be handled by our Recruitment Consultant Martin Karlsson email@example.com. Please note that we are not able to handle any application via e-mail. Please register your application by pressing the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder