Fingerprints are seeking an Ultrasound imaging engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems for mobile phones and other portable devices.
Fingerprints is a world leader capacitive fingerprint sensing and is expanding its technology portfolio to include alternative sensing techniques including ultrasonic sensing.
As an Ultrasound Imaging Engineer, you will contribute to our research and development efforts on novel ultrasonic fingerprint sensing. You will have a key role in further developing our ultrasonic imaging technique that is specifically designed for fingerprint sensing. You will use different simulation tools in MATLAB, Python, Field-II, or similar to refine the imaging technique. You will also play an important role in communicating your findings to ASIC, Software, and System teams. Another aspect of this role, focuses on analyzing the collected data from different measurements and compare them against the imaging simulations and consequently providing feedback to the rest of organization through performance reports.
You are also expected to spend time on investigating state-of-the-art ultrasonic imaging technologies through attending conferences, reviewing publications, and patent analysis. You are also expected to participate in development of Fingerprints’ IP portfolio to secure the long-term competitiveness of the company.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to further development of Fingerprint’s image reconstruction technique.
- Identify, implement, and document new ultrasonic image reconstruction techniques that could deliver the required performance.
- Contribute to the implementation of the developed imaging techniques together with ASIC, Software, and System teams.
- Collect measurement datasets and use them to further enhance the image reconstruction as well as to mitigate image artifacts.
- Compile image reconstruction performance reports and provide enhancement recommendations.
- Work closely with customers and incorporate their feedback in ongoing projects.
- Take an active role in analyzing patents and relevant IPs within the field.
- Take part in developing and filing new ideas.
This role is interdisciplinary and you will work in a cross-functional team during development of new sensors. The work location is in Copenhagen.
International travel to Fingerprints suppliers, partners, and customers may occur.
You are expected to have deep knowledge and previous experience in image reconstruction. Your experience may come from working with radar technology, seismology, sonar, medical ultrasound, or non-destructive testing (NDT). You have direct experience with one or a number of beamforming techniques such as synthetic aperture, adaptive beamforming, phased arrays, delay and sum, matched filtering, and so on. You are expected to be proficient in numerical analysis and modeling tools such as MATLAB, Python, or Field-II. It is a big advantage if you have strong background and knowledge in the science of ultrasound.
This role requires a Master of Science in Engineering, such as in electronics, signals and system, applied physics, acoustics, or similar. A PhD degree in a related field of a research background is an advantage. A flair and a passion for setting up accurate lab verification experiments and critically evaluating measurements against predictions is an important skill. Previous industrial experience is a big plus. With the right profile, less experienced candidates will be considered as well.
Success in this role requires:
- Deep knowledge and experience in image reconstruction.
- Good understanding and preferably experience from working with at least one beamforming techniques.
- Industrial experience in one of the following fields: medical ultrasound, non-destructive testing, acoustics, radar technology, seismology, or sonar.
- Proficient in data analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python, or Field-II.
- A background within ultrasound or acoustics is a big plus.
- Previous experience from medical ultrasonic imaging is also advantage.
- Analytical mindset and ability to quickly learn new areas and understand new technologies.
- Interest and an aptitude for working with everything from technical details to broader system engineering.
You need to be fluent in spoken and written English and not opposed to traveling abroad.
You also have essential qualities such as being ambitious, motivated and flexible. You need to be comfortable working in a growing company, where you will be expected to assume considerable personal responsibility for your own activities and the company’s success. This also requires you to be a team player who contributes to an open and positive atmosphere in the workplace.
We would like to have your application and CV as soon as possible, but not later than March 25th, 2018. Your application will be handled by our Senior Recruiter Martin Karlsson. If you have any questions regarding the position please contact hiering manager Farzan Ghavanini firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder