Do you have professional experience with UI design for physical devices? Are you motivated by two days never being the same, balancing input from a range of stakeholders, while protecting the product intent? - Then you would thrive in our serious, trustful, yet relaxed environment where there is plenty of room for that funny remark that makes the day!
Welcome to GN Audio - we know sound
Here at GN Audio A/S (Jabra), we invite you to join our team within the R&D department in Ballerup, where you will be responsible for the industrialization process of our audio devices, which means perfecting the physical UI and wearing comfort for already given concepts.
Become our Device UI and Comfort designer
If the job was easy - it would not be for you, right? So, we have a few challenges lined up that may interest you:
- You are highly motivated to understand the drivers behind a design intent, and to be on top of the technical constraints, in order to design the perfect UI for a wearable product.
- A comfortable fit is crucial for a headset. You will learn from our heavy knowledge in the field of device UI and comfort, allowing you to take responsibility for fine tuning the design of cushions, headbands, ear-gels, and earbuds together with our mechanics team.
- Using your excellent networking skills, you will balance the input and detail the requirements from a range of stakeholders; including your colleagues from software, mechanics, industrial design, and other disciplines.
- You will spend quite some time validating early product builds and assess the viability of these builds from a range of relevant user perspectives. Following this, you will coordinate user tests (mostly in-house), in order to catch potential mistakes or sub-optimal design.
- Finally, this is R&D, meaning we are always on the edge of the impossible. It is essential you can handle the unexpected in a creative, thoughtful, and professional manner.
As a person, you are quality oriented, persistent and structured, never skipping a beat or missing a deadline. You easily keep an overview of the big picture, as well as the finer details, understanding why they are important and how everything ties together. Lastly, you can explain your reasoning, listen to challenges, and take a decision while always being a team player.
What’s in it for you?
Joyful days with a fantastic team who have a good humor and a sharing spirit. We’re a diverse group, including different nationalities, professional backgrounds, with an even gender balance.
The opportunity to learn how consumer electronic products are defined, designed, and manufactured by a C25 company’s R&D department.
Join a work environment where there’s always room, and a need, for improving the ways we work.
- You are likely to have a background in industrial design with a twist of mechanics. You probably worked in R&D before, maybe even with a touch of quality control.
- Some post-graduation experience in UI and/or comfort design for small electronic devices. (Experience in digital UI/Web is not seen as relevant for this position.)
- Experience in writing requirements and device design specifications.
Would you like to apply, or know more?
Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, and as such we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. Final deadline is March 8, 2020.
Please attach both a cover letter with motivation, and a CV. (CV’s only will not be evaluated.)
Student jobs or other positions before you graduated, must be clearly distinguishable in the CV.
If you would like to learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Nikolaj Nøhr-Rasmussen (Director, User Experience) on +45 2224 8455.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder