Would you like to take coastal engineering offshore and design within the underwater world of seabed morphology and scour protection rock structures?
Join us and become Scour Engineer in the Scour Team in the Site Investigation Management department where we’re seeking two candidates: one mainly related to engineering design and one focused on seabed morphology assessments. Both working closely together within the team and across departments. The Scour Team provides all seabed morphological and scour-related assessments and designs. You’ll have direct access to all field data as the department is also responsible for managing site investigations and analysing geophysical seabed surveys for planned and operating wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- design scour protections for foundations, cables and cable crossings
- analyse seabed mobility for forecasting future seabed levels
- ensure quality of construction through quarry visits and liaison with the installation team
- assess scour development around unprotected structures
- support R&D activities for design optimisations.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree within the field of coastal engineering/geography or equivalent
- have an analytical mindset and programming skills for data processing
- enjoy project work with many internal and external stakeholders
- are a sociable person
- thrive in an English-speaking international environment.
As Scour Engineer, you combine theoretical understanding of hydrodynamics, morphology and rock structures with practical implementation in the field in collaboration with contractors and quarries.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 2 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Roulund, Lead Scour Engineer of Site Investigation Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2421 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Candidates, newly graduated or with short or long professional careers, are encouraged to apply.