Do you have experience with Trafic Management Systems (TMS)? Then you may be the one we need.
The Danish Signalling Programme – the largest of its kind in Europe – has just finalized the replacement of the legacy signalling system on the Copenhagen S-bane network with a modern Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signalling system.
We are looking for a new TMS Manager to join the team in the S-bane section. The section has been responsible for the introduction of the new signalling system CBTC and will in the future be responsible for executing the changes to the signalling system that will naturally come during the lifetime of the system including the new project with DSB – Future S-bane to make the S-bane driverless.
A focus of the TMS manager will be the upgrade of the S-bane signalling system to driverless operation. This change is made as an integrated part of DSB’s Future S-bane programme and the TMS manager will be an important partaker in securing the delivery of this upgrade of the system.
The S-bane section is part of the area Signals in the division Anlæg (Railway Implementation) which is responsible for implementing, maintaining and developing the signalling systems on both the main line and the S-bane. The section is in the process of transformation from project to a portfolio organization.
The signalling system is delivered by an international supplier and the portfolio team consists of Banedanmark employees and consultants from across Europe, therefore our office language is English.
Your place of employment will be at our headquarters in central Copenhagen, but working from DSB location at Høje Taastrup shall be foreseen. In 2027 it is the intention that the department is transferred to DSB.
As TMS Manager you will be part of the S-bane team and you will have the responsibility for the following:
- Collaborate with supplier and stakeholders regarding the TMS system
- Specify changes to the TMS system
- Implementation of the TMS functionality
- Follow up on faults in the system with the supplier
- Plan and execute system tests at suppliers’ facilities in Germany several times per year, alone or together with other team members
- Collaborate with DSB regarding the TMS solution for the Future S-bane project
Together with the rest of the S-bane management team you will be responsible for:
- The transition from a project to a portfolio organization
- The planning and execution of the Project Closure of the S-bane signalling project according to the agreed scope, quality, cost and time
- The planning and execution of the portfolio projects according to the agreed scope, quality, cost and time
- Ensuring a good and fruitful collaboration with our supplier and stakeholders to promote an efficient and satisfactory execution of the agreed portfolio projects
- Participating in the daily life in Signals in particular and Banedanmark in general to support a high-efficient and motivating environment for maintaining and developing the signalling systems to always match the need of the railway.
A TMS manager who is a solution and result oriented team player
We are open to many educational backgrounds, though you need to have a good technical skills and be able to communicate and convey technical discussions in a way, so relevant decisions can be made.
If you have an engineer background you do not need to have railway experience or IT experience, though it will be an asset if you have.
You could also have experience with traffic management e.g., as former signalman or likewise.
As a team player, you have good communication skills in both writing and spoken, as well as the ability to listen to the rest of the team, our supplier and our stakeholders with the aim of taken the right decisions at the right time in order to move forward with the best solution.
You are fluent in English, if you have knowledge of Danish, it will be an advantage.
While working independently with your tasks, you also have the ability to lend a helping hand depending on the workload situation in the team.
You will in your work be part of fulfilling Banedanmark’s strategy “an attractive, green railway” and you will support Banedanmark’s values – ambition, respect and responsibility.
You will be employed in relation to the current labour agreement and your salary is settled based on your experiences and qualifications.
Contact and application
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Section manager Allan Toft. If the phone is not picked up, please send a text or an e-mail and you will be contacted. Please send us your application and resume as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, click on the box “Apply” and follow the instructions.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder